Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: January 1@ 7:13 pm (ET) @ 4:13 pm (PT)
- Moon Sign: Capricorn
- Moon Phase: 4th (moves into the 1st on Jan 3rd
- Void-of-Course: January 3rd @11:21 am(ET) @8:21 am(PT) to moon into Aquarius a few hours later: Capricorn Moon /c is not one of the 4 “good signs” Try not to make any important decisions or commitments until later on in the evening.
- Opportunity Period: January 2nd, Cazimi Moon OP time 12:57 am (ET) 9:57 am (PT) to 1:57 am (ET) 10:57 am (PT). Short but powerful, use it to begin your most important projects.
New Moon in ♑ on January 2nd: Mercury enters ♒ January 1st (PT) 2nd (ET).
Mercury is the planet of communication, technology and transportation.
- Aquarius is the sign of the “rebel”. 🙂 Which means that our thinking could get a little “rebellious” 😉. He is also the sign of “forward thinking”.
- We may be able to grasp technology a little easier, or be subjected to learning about something new regarding either transportation or technology.
- Team Work, Networking, Socializing are all good things to do while Mercury is here… It’s a time for getting involved with the community, what ever the community may be.
- If you have been thinking of making some changes in your professional or personal life, this it a good time to take notes and have a serious “look” at your goals and make changes where and when you can.
The New Moon occurs on
Sunday, January 2nd @ 1:33 pm (ET) @ 10:33 am (PT).
In the sign of Capricorn.
- The New Moon, traditionally, represents a good time to begin new projects, search for new employment, start new relationships and to reach for the stars… it’s almost like being “born again” 🙂
- With this months New Moon in Capricorn we may focus on, our career directions and choices. We may decide it is time to hold our heads up high and shout out to the world our worth when it comes to the contributions we make with the work that we do.
- If you have recently been forced into leaving your desired employment or career path, use the energy of the New Moon in Capricorn, to set your intentions, to make your wishes, to reach out to the Universe and ask for guidance. The moon is always “magical”, however, when she renews herself, as she does with the New Moon, her magic sparkles even more. 🙂
- The influence of the transiting moon in Capricorn, will be stronger during the New Moon.
What does it all mean?
- Capricorn is business, duty and discipline. She is ruled by Saturn, the planet of restrictions, discipline, boundaries and rules.
- We may be more in tune with our work/career or vocational direction.
- Change may be more challenging to deal with, and we may be resistant towards it…
- Being disciplined towards our “duties/chores” may be easier to achieve.
- Dealings with the elderly may be in focus.
- Dealings with “authority” types, such as teachers, principles, supervisor’s may be in focus. Being respectful of such positions may help to alleviate tension.
- This could be a good time to get mundane business tasks out-of-the-way
- If you have been waiting to get a “chaotic” situation under control, now may be a good time to do it.
- Rules and regulations may be in focus, and depending on how you deal with these, it could be a favorable time or a stressful one.
- Good time to watch, listen and learn
- We may find we are looking at our “worth” now, including the salary we get paid.
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts. And those who have a strong Cancer placing in their charts.
- Moon in Capricorn
- Sun in Capricorn
- Saturn in Capricorn
- Moon in Cancer
- Any aspects to the Moon or Saturn
Email us at email@example.com 🙂
- In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
- There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
- These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
- There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
- Thanks to Paula Belluomini present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods and times.