Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: May 17@8:28 am(ET) @5:28 am(PT)
- Moon Sign: Taurus:
- Moon Phase: 4th
- Void-of-Course: May 19 @2:48 pm(ET) @11:48 am(PT) to moon into Gemini in the afternoon. Moon in Taurus v/c is one of the 4 “good signs”.
- Opportunity Period: May 19 @11:27 am(ET) @8:27(PT) to 12:27pm(ET) 9:27am(PT). Cazimi Moon: “If you have something important to begin around now that’s part of a larger project started before April 15, this is s great time to do it” P.B.
What does it all mean?
- Taurus needs emotional and material security, so we may find we are more interested in our financial affairs, and we may need to feel secure in our home and work environments.
- This may prove to be a good time to make investments for the future or to begin plans for the next financially responsible phase.
- Some of us may be feeling more frugal than usual, preferring to save our funds instead of spend them.
- Taurus has lots of patience, making this an opportune time time to deal with people/projects/situations that take up more time than we would like.
- Things that give us pleasure, such as comfort foods, wine, relaxing, good music and giving/receiving are all things we may enjoy right now. It’s a FEEL GOOD moon sign. 😊
- Keep your temper under check if you can, Taurus is very, very patient and it takes a lot to make her angry, but watch out once she has had enough, she will certainly let you know..
- Take your time when the moon is in this sign, there is no need to hurry, and you probably won’t get very far if you do… so sit back and enjoy the ride… 🙂
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts. Those with strong Scorpio placements in their charts will also be effected.
- Moon in Taurus,
- Sun in Taurus,
- Venus in Taurus
- Sun in Scorpio
- Moon in Scorpio
- Any aspects to the Moon, Venus.
- Ascendant or Mid-heaven in Taurus
- May 19 New Moon, @11:53am(ET) @8:53am(PT). In the sign of Taurus.
- The New Moon is the perfect time to begin new projects.
- Taurus is ruled by Venus, and one of Venus’s main concerns are relationships, Taurus’s main concerns are material and personal security. This may be a good time to begin new personal relationships. Connections with financial experts may be present, positive and workable relationships.
- Jupiter moved into the sign of Taurus on May 16th. This new moon may be focused on Taurus/Venus situations… there may be opportunity for growth in these area’s.
- The New Moon will affect everyone, but will have a stronger affect on those who have the following chart influences.
- Moon in Taurus
- Jupiter in Taurus
- Transit connections to the 2nd and or the 9th house.
- May 20: Mars Enters Leo:
- Leo is ruled by the sun, Mars rules Aries. Leo is a fire/action sign, Mars is used to action as he is the God of War.
- Leo isn’t afraid of taking risks, and Mars may encourage him…
- Our energy levels may be higher, and we find that we use that to play hard, work hard and ourselves organized…
- Make good use of this time, to get things sorted in your life, so that you can reduce stress levels, enabling you the time needed to relax and enjoy.
The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-of-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void of Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void of Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-of-Course moon…
Good for Void-Of-Course Moon: These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Paula Belluomini present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Got a question? Email us HERE 🙂