The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: November 5 to November 8 2014: Full Moon on November 6
- Moon Sign: Taurus: at 4:33 pm (ET) 1:33 pm (PT)
- Moon Phase: 2nd,
- Void-off-Course: Yes: November 7 2014 @ 11:17 am (ET): 8:17 am (PT). Until 8:45 pm (ET): 5:45 pm (PT): Moon in Taurus v/c is one of the 4 “good signs”
- House: 5th: … House of creativity, pets, children and entertainment.. the fun house… 🙂 The moon moves into the 6th house of health and service on November 6 2014.
- Opportunity Period: Yes: November 7 2014 @ 11:18 am (ET) 8:18 am (PT) to 8:45 pm (ET) 5:45 pm(PT). This O/P is a great time for either work or play… 🙂 Enjoy
What does it all mean?
Full Moon in Taurus:
- We may feel more sensual than usual… 😉
- Our mind is on our comforts and securities… and if either is not as it should be we may be grumpy and unhappy
- We might not react as quickly to emotional situations, indicating some of us may exhibit extraordinary calmness during emergency situations.
- Nature may draw us in and we can appreciate her beauty.
- Take time out to enjoy the finer things in life
- If change is afoot, we might not like it, but it’s probably better to go with the flow then against it right now.
The Moon in Taurus
- Taurus needs emotional and material security, so we may find we are more interested in our financial affairs.
- This may prove to be a good time to make investments for the future or to begin plans for the next financially responsible phase.
- Taurus has lots of patience, indicating this could be a good time to deal with people/projects/situations that take up more time than is liked.
- Things that give us pleasure, such as comfort foods, wine, relaxing, good music and giving/receiving “loving’s” are all things we may enjoy right now
- Some of us may be feeling more frugal than usual, preferring to save our funds instead of spend it.
- Take your time when the moon is in this sign, there is no need to hurry, and you probably won’t get very far if you do… so sit back and enjoy the ride… 🙂
- In the 5th house…. this is the house of creation, entertainment, children and pets… It’s a good time to enjoy those things that make your heart smile… and if you are feeling creative, don’t be shy go ahead and make a statement, even if it’s only you and your loved ones that see it… 🙂
- In the 6th house… this is the house that takes care of everything, see’s to the finer details, and makes sure service is offered at it’s best… We may find health care issues take a bit longer then we had thought, and or we may take extra care regarding our own health. We see the little things that need to be done, but may not get around to doing it all… Just do what you can, when you can… it’s all good… 🙂
- While having a slight effect on all of us… This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts.
- Moon in Taurus,
- Sun in Taurus,
- Venus in Taurus
- Moon in 5th house:
- Moon in the 6th house:
- Moon in the 2nd house:
- Any aspects to the Moon or Venus.
© Greta McKenzie