Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: February 15 2019
- Moon Sign: Cancer at 9:03 am (ET) 6:03 am (PT)
- Moon Phase: 2nd
- Void-off-Course: February 17 @ 9:17 am (ET) 6:17 am (PT)
- House: 9th house of higher learning and travel (equal house system)
- Opportunity Period: None
What does it all mean?
- The moon is happy in the sign of Cancer because she rules here.
- We can be more nurturing when there is a cancer moon
- Domestic chores and responsibilities may be easier to do now, in fact some of us may be very happy making our home comfortable and safe
- Cooking may be fun to do now, so go ahead and try out that new recipe
- The more emotionally sensitive of us, may take offense or feel slighted or more vulnerable during the Cancer moon… Caution is advised though, check your facts before you “accuse”.
- Some of us may feel needy, while others of us are happy to be the cuddler, helping our loved ones feel secure and in deed needed. Caution is advised that some of us can go over board on the needy thing during this moon period, so be careful if you don’t want to “scare” someone off…
- It’s a time for cuddles, caring, good food and just plain old lovings… 🙂 Enjoy..
- With the Transiting moon in the 9th house, we may be more inclined towards picking up a new subject, learning a new recipe, checking into house improvements and looking for a few days away to relax and unwind.
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts. And to a lessor degree… Those with strong Capricorn in their charts may also be affected
- Moon in Cancer:
- Ascendant in Cancer:
- Sun in Cancer:
- Moon in the 4th house:
- Moon in the 9th house:
- Aspects to the Moon:
The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.