Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: February 15 9:42 pm (ET) 6:42 pm (PT)
- **New Moon/Solar Eclipse occurs on the 15th also**
- Moon Sign: Pisces
- Moon Phase: 4th moving into the first on the 16th.
- Void-of-Course: February 17 @ 5:14 pm (ET) 2:14 pm (PT) to Moon in Aries on the 18th: Pisces is a fortunate sign for the Void off Course moon.
- Opportunity Period: February 16 11:32 pm (ET) 8:31 pm (PT) to Moon in Aries Sunday. This is a good time for meditation, the arts and for helping others.
**Venus is presently in the sign of Pisces, making this moon’s influence stronger for those with Venus and Pisces chart placings.**
** Traditionally, the time of the new moon is the best time to begin new projects, manifest through thought and begin again. Because Venus is sitting in Pisces right now, relationships may be in focus during this new moon… it may be a good time to start a new relationship or “re-new” a relationship… Take care though, as Pisces can be easily lead and may not see what is real… To begin anything new during this new moon period, it may be best to wait until the 16th, when the moon moves into her 1st phase. As this new moon happens along side the Solar Eclipse, her “magic” may be stronger than usual, it is therefore important to “be careful what we wish for” … ;)**
What does it all mean?
- Pisces is compassionate and caring but can be taken for granted
- Sometimes Pisces isn’t about helping others but helping oneself.
- We can be more psychic during a Pisces moon, but we can also be easily deceived, so be sure of the “messages” received during this time.
- Be careful if something sounds too good to be true, look for the hidden agenda
- We can be susceptible to taking in stray animals and stray people now.
- Our hearts can be broken or melted during this time depending on who is telling us what and what may be revealed now.
- We can feel more spiritual with a Pisces moon, indicating this could be a good time to join a church or spiritual group
- Keep an open mind when delving into new spiritual situations, ask questions and don’t believe everything you hear or see.
- We can be wistful, impressionable, nostalgic and dreamy now.
- In the 5th house: We may find we are spending more time with kids and pets… It’ s a time to have some fun, be entertained, or be entertaining… This could be a challenging time for those who enjoy sticking to a routine, and for those who love to fun it may be more than they usually handle. A healthy balance between work (duty) and play is strongly encouraged.
- The moon in Pisces will have more effect on those who have the following in their charts:
- Moon in Pisces:
- Sun in Pisces:
- Aspects to the Moon or Neptune
- Neptune in Pisces
- Ascendant or Mid-Heaven in Pisces
- Those with a have strong Virgo placement in their charts
Got a question? Send us email HERE... 🙂
The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-of-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void of Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void of Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-of-Course moon…
Good for Void-Of-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
copyright: Greta McKenzie Astrology update February 12 2018