Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: August 10 @ 9:50 pm (PT) August 11 @ 12:50 am (ET)
Moon Sign: Capricorn
- Moon Phase: 2nd
- Void-of-Course: August 12th @ 6:11 pm (ET) 3:11 pm (PT) to moon into Aquarius on the 13th: Capricorn Moon v/c is not one of the 4 “good signs”
- House(s) .
- Opportunity Period: None
What does it all mean?
- Capricorn is business, duty and discipline. She is ruled by Saturn, the planet of restrictions.
- We may be more in tune with our work/career or vocational direction.
- Change may be more challenging to deal with, and we may be resistant towards it…
- Being disciplined towards our “duties/chores” may be easier to achieve.
- Dealings with the elderly may be in focus.
- Dealings with “authority” types, such as teachers, principles, supervisor’s may be in focus. Being respectful of such positions may help to alleviate tension.
- This could be a good time to get mundane business tasks out-of-the-way
- If you have been waiting to get a “chaotic” situation under control, now may be a good time to do it.
- Rules and regulations may be in focus, and depending on how you deal with these, it could be a favorable time or a stressful one.
- Good time to watch, listen and learn
- We may find we are looking at our “worth” now, including the salary we get paid.
- We are happy to work for our “keep”, knowing we are doing a good job.
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts. And those who have a strong Cancer placing in their charts.
- Moon in Capricorn
- Moon in Cancer (to a lessor degree)
- Sun in Capricorn
- Saturn in Capricorn
- Moon in 10th house
- Ascendant or Midheaven in Capricorn
- Any aspects to the Moon or Saturn
- Note: Jupiter turns direct on Sunday August 11th: Jupiter rules Sagittarius… He is the planet of luck and expansion. Uranus turns retrograde on Sunday August 11th. Uranus rules Aquarius… He is the planet of shock of change.
June 21 2019 The Sun moves into Cancer.
Cancer the Crab: Water: Feminine: Cardinal:
Cancer folk are always trying to take care of everyone. ☺Nurturing is in their nature, in fact it’s so inherent in these guys and gals that if they don’t have a family close by they will create one from the folks they spend time with.
Emotional Cancer folk usually operate on ‘gut feelings’ and while they enjoy the company of others around them, spending some time alone in private can do wonders for the energy levels. Like the phases of the moon that rule Cancer, there are times to be out in front and there are times to take a back seat to rejuvenate.
The thing to watch for with being a Cancerian is not to get caught up in the “needy market”… Depending on others to make one feel “better” is not the best way to explore the finer, points of one’s nature. We all love to have someone around us who wants to take care of us, but most of us don’t want to be “mothered” all of the time. 🙂
Most “crabs” or those with a “crab” influence are great in the kitchen, as feeding others is another way to say “I love you”. For these folk whipping something up for supper is hardly ever a problem (unless mum is feeling a little “crabby”).
Cancer rules the breasts and stomach. Issue’s with the tummy are likely when under stress, during a full moon or when ignoring healthy eating habits.
Sensitive by nature Cancer folk, may at times, imagine slights from others and become defensive or withdrawn (as a crab into its shell) in an effort to block any hurt. This is something that should be watched for especially during emotionally vulnerable times (menstruation/ovulation/work or family stress/full moon), actions taken or words spoken during this time may cause more upset than intended or needed.
June 21 2019 is also the 1st day of summer for 2019 and will be the longest day of the year and the shortest night for our hemisphere.
- A positive time where being outside is the norm along with spending time with loved ones and friends.
- Summer is a celebration of all things light and who couldn’t use some light after the dark days of winter… 🙂
As we welcome summer 2019
We give thanks to Mother Earth.
May we all be blessed this summer with love, laughter and good health… 🙂
Neptune the planet that rules Pisces and the 12th house goes retrograde on June 21…
Neptune is a a spiritual planet, he is the God of what is not known, what is hidden… he is our dreams and our fantasies… when he goes retrograde, we may not be as forthcoming in our beliefs and it may be more difficult to express our “dreams”… our imagination may be questioned by ourselves… what is real? what is fantasy? where is the line between what may be accomplished in the “real world” and what is just silliness? …
We question ourselves, is it o.k. to dream, to believe in something we cannot see? … It’s all good, however, take care when something or someone comes along that seems too good to be true… we may not be seeing all that there is to see, we may believe in things that cannot be…
It may not be the best time to put our faith in others, nor in what we cannot understand… use caution and common sense… 🙂
Warm Birthday Wishes :
Ian, Christine, Janine, Jeff (RIP) Rose (cusp) And warm birthday wishes are sent to everyone celebrating a Cancerian birthday. Happy New Year All… ☺
Greta McKenzie: 06/03/2015
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: April 10 2019
- Moon Sign: Cancer at 11:31 pm (ET) 4:33 pm (PT)
- Moon Phase: 1st
- Void-off-Course: April 12 @ 7:33 pm (ET) 6:17 am (PT)
- House: 12th house of institutions, fantasy and illusion (equal house system)
- Opportunity Period: April 12 @ 4:02 pm (ET) 1:02 pm (PT) to moon into Leo the next morning. Nice time for a stroll… 🙂
What does it all mean?
- The moon is happy in the sign of Cancer because she rules here.
- We can be more nurturing when there is a cancer moon
- Domestic chores and responsibilities may be easier to do now, in fact some of us may be very happy making our home comfortable and safe
- Cooking may be fun to do now, so go ahead and try out that new recipe
- The more emotionally sensitive of us, may take offense or feel slighted or more vulnerable during the Cancer moon… Caution is advised though, check your facts before you “accuse”.
- Some of us may feel needy, while others of us are happy to be the cuddler, helping our loved ones feel secure and in deed needed. Caution is advised that some of us can go over board on the needy thing during this moon period, so be careful if you don’t want to “scare” someone off…
- It’s a time for cuddles, caring, good food and just plain old lovings… 🙂 Enjoy..
- With the Transiting moon in the 9th house, we may be more inclined towards picking up a new subject, learning a new recipe, checking into house improvements and looking for a few days away to relax and unwind.
- In the 12th house of fantasy, illusion and institutions. This is the house of Pisces. Some of us may be more emotional than usual, however, displaying or explaining our emotions may not be so easy… It’s a good time to spend alone, to reflect on the past and recognize our strengths and weaknesses… It’s a time to renew ourselves… Drama isn’t welcome, meditation and serenity is… 🙂 An opportune time to be creative and intuitive… we my dream more and feel more connected to our spiritual selves. Because Cancer is a domestic and sensitive sign, and the moon is at home in this sign, take care not over react to family/domestic situations, you may be seeing things from an overly emotional point of view… let logic have a look in on the situation too…;)
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts. And to a lessor degree… Those with strong Capricorn in their charts may also be affected
- Moon in Cancer:
- Ascendant in Cancer:
- Sun in Cancer:
- Moon in the 4th house:
- Moon in the 12th house:
- Aspects to the Moon:
Jupiter turns retrograde on the 10th of April, until August 11th.
When Planets go retrograde it usually means some challenges where the planet’s “power” is concerned… Jupiter is the “lucky” or expansive planet and is connected to the sign of Sagittarius and the 9th house.
During this retrograde cycle, Jupiter will visit with the 6th and then the 5th house. (Equal house system)…. While jupiter is retrograde, expansion and good luck are still possible, however, it will likely take more looking than usual to “see the opportunities around us” … Take this time to go over your plans, to view your future in a positive way, with plans to make things better, figure out ways to bring a more positive light into your world…
Exercise, diet and following the same old routine day in and day out, may not be so appealing. We can become restless and perhaps irritated at the “lack” of activity in our lives now. Being patient, while not always easy, is recommended under this influence, as is, keeping our ego under control. Being confident is a good thing, especially when we need to try something new, or we find ourself in an unnerving situation, however, being overly confident is not recommended. Folks should be careful when gambling or taking risks, things may look good, but under this influence they are unlikely to turn out exactly as planned. Children and pets may be around more often, and we will need to be engaged with them… Being creative may be slightly more challenging than usual… but don’t give up, it just means you may have to try a few times to get it right… 🙂
While this Jupiter retrograde cycle will have an effect on all of us, those with the following are most likely to be affected most directly.
Sun in Sagittarius
Jupiter in Sagittarius
Jupiter in the 5th or 6th house
Moon in Sagittarius
The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Greta McKenzie Astrology 04/2/2019
Uranus, through retrograde motion moves back into the sign of Aries.
What does this mean?
- Aries is the most masculine of the signs… he can be heroic, blaze a new path, forge ahead where others may fear to tread…. But, he can also be impatient, insensitive and selfish….
- Uranus is the planet of shock, chaos and change… He is the ruler of Aquarius, and governs the 11th house of team work, humanitarianism and community involvement.
- The Aries influence in Uranus could see some of us making or being forced to make some changes… it will depend on which house Uranus falls within our personal charts as to which area of life these changes will be.
- Because Aries is about moving forward, exploration and trying something new this could be a busy time for those of us who are more than ready to move ahead with changes…
- We may be more impatient when it comes to getting things already in motion concluded… and when it comes to getting new plans into the action mode…
- Take care when dealing with others, especially those who are slower to respond to new ideas and changes… not everyone will be ready or willing to take on new challenges now.
- For some folks, energy levels may fluctuate. Be busy when energy is up if you can, and rest when they aren’t … if that isn’t possible, try not to be too hard on oneself when things don’t go according to plan.
- As Uranus can shock us to the point of “knocking us off of our feet” it is advisable to check all the small points before making a commitment… we can make mistakes now in our rush to remove ourselves from a tedious situation.
- Uranus will remain in the fiery, action orientated sign of Aries until March 2019. Keep in mind that Uranus is in retrograde motion for the rest of 2018. When planets are in retrograde motion, their influence in our lives will be slightly difference as to what it is when they are in direct motion. This means, that while other factors may indicate it’s a good time to begin something new, (Aries likes to do new things)… it is not always the best time to do so… It is therefore important to check all the facts before committing to long-term agreements, especially if finances may be involved. Instead, it is probably better to continue with situations that are already in process…. adding a new twist or idea to such situations is recommended.
- This influence will have an effect on all of us, but will have a stronger effect on those who the following in their charts:
- Uranus in Aries
- Sun in Aries
- Ascendant or Midheaven in Aries
- Uranus in the 1st house
- Uranus in the 11th house
- Any aspects Uranus makes to the 1st house or the 11th house
- Any aspects between, Uranus, Mars or Venus
- Those who have any Libra in their charts, especially if Uranus is in Libra or the 7th house.