Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: January 19 @ 2:11 pm (ET) @ 11:11 am (PT)
Moon Sign: Capricorn
- Moon Phase: 4th
- Void-of-Course: January 21 @ 10:52 am (ET) @ 7:52 am (PT) to moon into Aquarius a short time later: Capricorn Moon v/c is not one of the 4 “good signs”
- Opportunity Period: None
What does it all mean?
- Capricorn is business, duty and discipline. She is ruled by Saturn, the planet of restrictions.
- We may be more in tune with our work/career or vocational direction.
- Change may be more challenging to deal with, and we may be resistant towards it…
- Being disciplined towards our “duties/chores” may be easier to achieve.
- Dealings with the elderly may be in focus.
- Dealings with “authority” types, such as teachers, principles, supervisor’s may be in focus. Being respectful of such positions may help to alleviate tension.
- This could be a good time to get mundane business tasks out-of-the-way
- If you have been waiting to get a “chaotic” situation under control, now may be a good time to do it.
- Rules and regulations may be in focus, and depending on how you deal with these, it could be a favorable time or a stressful one.
- Good time to watch, listen and learn
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts. And those who have a strong Cancer placing in their charts.
- Moon in Capricorn
- Moon in Cancer (to a lessor degree)
- Sun in Capricorn
- Saturn in Capricorn
- Moon in 10th house
- Ascendant or Midheaven in Capricorn
Mercury turns direct on January 18th @ 8:12 am (ET) @ 5:12 am (PT). While communications may still get mixed up, and technology glitches may still be occurring, along with some transportation or vehicle challenges… Hopefully these will only be disruptive for the next few days. By the 21st these life area’s should finally settle down again… 🙂 Double check your date books for the next few days.
- The Sun enters into the sign of Aquarius ♒ on January 20th @ 3:30 am (ET) @ 12:30 am (PT). Aquarius is the opposite sign to Leo on the wheel, so whatever affects Aquarius folks will also affect Leo’s, although to a much lessor extent. Aquarius ruled by the planet Uranus, is like a “jack of all trades”, These folks enjoy group, team or community work, and many exhibit humanitarian tendencies. Our Aquarius brothers and sisters, have a uncanny ability to “see into the future” especially when it comes to new fangled technology or tools of their trade. Creative and intelligent, with a bit of a stubborn streak, and sometimes a bit of an “airy fairy” attitude to life, Aquarius, while being an air sign, who are mostly resistant to confrontations, has a rebellious side and they aren’t afraid to bring it out at the oddest of times… (A direct Uranus connection, Uranus is the planet of chaos and surprises.) The Sun is said to be in Detriment when in he sign of Aquarius. When a planet is in detriment, the energies of that planet are less prominent, perhaps, weaker… For Aquarius this may translate into a hesitation when it comes to doing things for ones self. You may put the needs of others before you own… This is fabulous, but only if it doesn’t lead to negative self talk or feelings of resentment when time run short and you can’t get to do the things you enjoy. Growth is possible with the Sun in Aquarius, however, such growth may not go as one would have anticipated. Let your light shine anyway, especially on that most special of days, the day that you were born… 😁
- We wish all Aquarius (January 20th to February 19th 2023) an absolutely fabulous Born Day… 🎂🍨🍰
- In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
- There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign, but will carry the influence of the sign it was just in… this is called, Void of Course…and can mess us up for a few hours,… We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void of Course…. But there is help, as there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-of-Course moon…
- There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Credits: Thanks to Paula Belluomini (Opportunity Periods) along with Michelle Perrin and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for dates presented here.