Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: April 10 2019
- Moon Sign: Cancer at 11:31 pm (ET) 4:33 pm (PT)
- Moon Phase: 1st
- Void-off-Course: April 12 @ 7:33 pm (ET) 6:17 am (PT)
- House: 12th house of institutions, fantasy and illusion (equal house system)
- Opportunity Period: April 12 @ 4:02 pm (ET) 1:02 pm (PT) to moon into Leo the next morning. Nice time for a stroll… 🙂
What does it all mean?
- The moon is happy in the sign of Cancer because she rules here.
- We can be more nurturing when there is a cancer moon
- Domestic chores and responsibilities may be easier to do now, in fact some of us may be very happy making our home comfortable and safe
- Cooking may be fun to do now, so go ahead and try out that new recipe
- The more emotionally sensitive of us, may take offense or feel slighted or more vulnerable during the Cancer moon… Caution is advised though, check your facts before you “accuse”.
- Some of us may feel needy, while others of us are happy to be the cuddler, helping our loved ones feel secure and in deed needed. Caution is advised that some of us can go over board on the needy thing during this moon period, so be careful if you don’t want to “scare” someone off…
- It’s a time for cuddles, caring, good food and just plain old lovings… 🙂 Enjoy..
- With the Transiting moon in the 9th house, we may be more inclined towards picking up a new subject, learning a new recipe, checking into house improvements and looking for a few days away to relax and unwind.
- In the 12th house of fantasy, illusion and institutions. This is the house of Pisces. Some of us may be more emotional than usual, however, displaying or explaining our emotions may not be so easy… It’s a good time to spend alone, to reflect on the past and recognize our strengths and weaknesses… It’s a time to renew ourselves… Drama isn’t welcome, meditation and serenity is… 🙂 An opportune time to be creative and intuitive… we my dream more and feel more connected to our spiritual selves. Because Cancer is a domestic and sensitive sign, and the moon is at home in this sign, take care not over react to family/domestic situations, you may be seeing things from an overly emotional point of view… let logic have a look in on the situation too…;)
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts. And to a lessor degree… Those with strong Capricorn in their charts may also be affected
- Moon in Cancer:
- Ascendant in Cancer:
- Sun in Cancer:
- Moon in the 4th house:
- Moon in the 12th house:
- Aspects to the Moon:
Jupiter turns retrograde on the 10th of April, until August 11th.
When Planets go retrograde it usually means some challenges where the planet’s “power” is concerned… Jupiter is the “lucky” or expansive planet and is connected to the sign of Sagittarius and the 9th house.
During this retrograde cycle, Jupiter will visit with the 6th and then the 5th house. (Equal house system)…. While jupiter is retrograde, expansion and good luck are still possible, however, it will likely take more looking than usual to “see the opportunities around us” … Take this time to go over your plans, to view your future in a positive way, with plans to make things better, figure out ways to bring a more positive light into your world…
Exercise, diet and following the same old routine day in and day out, may not be so appealing. We can become restless and perhaps irritated at the “lack” of activity in our lives now. Being patient, while not always easy, is recommended under this influence, as is, keeping our ego under control. Being confident is a good thing, especially when we need to try something new, or we find ourself in an unnerving situation, however, being overly confident is not recommended. Folks should be careful when gambling or taking risks, things may look good, but under this influence they are unlikely to turn out exactly as planned. Children and pets may be around more often, and we will need to be engaged with them… Being creative may be slightly more challenging than usual… but don’t give up, it just means you may have to try a few times to get it right… 🙂
While this Jupiter retrograde cycle will have an effect on all of us, those with the following are most likely to be affected most directly.
Sun in Sagittarius
Jupiter in Sagittarius
Jupiter in the 5th or 6th house
Moon in Sagittarius
The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Greta McKenzie Astrology 04/2/2019
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: November 10 @ 10:55 pm (ET) 7:55 pm (PT)
Moon Sign: Capricorn
- Moon Phase: 1st
- Void-of-Course: November 13 @ 10:13 am (ET) 7:13 am (PT) to moon into Aquarius a short time later: Capricorn Moon v/c is not one of the 4 “good signs”
- House(s) 3rd house of siblings, day to day affairs, routine chores and nieghbours.
- Opportunity Period: None
What does it all mean?
- Capricorn is business, duty and discipline. She is ruled by Saturn, the planet of restrictions.
- We may be more in tune with our work/career or vocational direction.
- Change may be more challenging to deal with, and we may be resistant towards it…
- Being disciplined towards our “duties/chores” may be easier to achieve.
- Dealings with the elderly may be in focus.
- Dealings with “authority” types, such as teachers, principles, supervisor’s may be in focus. Being respectful of such positions may help to alleviate tension.
- This could be a good time to get mundane business tasks out-of-the-way
- If you have been waiting to get a “chaotic” situation under control, now may be a good time to do it.
- Rules and regulations may be in focus, and depending on how you deal with these, it could be a favorable time or a stressful one.
- Good time to watch, listen and learn
- We may find we are looking at our “worth” now, including the salary we get paid.
- We are happy to work for our “keep”, knowing we are doing a good job.
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts. And those who have a strong Cancer placing in their charts.
- Moon in Capricorn
- Sun in Capricorn
- Saturn in Capricorn
- Moon in the 3rd house
- Ascendant or Midheaven in Capricorn
- Any aspects to the Moon or Saturn
- Note: Mercury moves into “storm” on the 11th... treat as a retrograde and try not to begin anything important right now… Mercury goes into Retrograde Motion Friday November 16th. He goes direct again on December 6th and will remain in storm until December 11. It’s a good idea to write down your ideas during this time… Once Mercury is back on track again, and you check over your list, you will have a better understanding of which ideas to pursue. 🙂
Uranus, through retrograde motion moves back into the sign of Aries.
What does this mean?
- Aries is the most masculine of the signs… he can be heroic, blaze a new path, forge ahead where others may fear to tread…. But, he can also be impatient, insensitive and selfish….
- Uranus is the planet of shock, chaos and change… He is the ruler of Aquarius, and governs the 11th house of team work, humanitarianism and community involvement.
- The Aries influence in Uranus could see some of us making or being forced to make some changes… it will depend on which house Uranus falls within our personal charts as to which area of life these changes will be.
- Because Aries is about moving forward, exploration and trying something new this could be a busy time for those of us who are more than ready to move ahead with changes…
- We may be more impatient when it comes to getting things already in motion concluded… and when it comes to getting new plans into the action mode…
- Take care when dealing with others, especially those who are slower to respond to new ideas and changes… not everyone will be ready or willing to take on new challenges now.
- For some folks, energy levels may fluctuate. Be busy when energy is up if you can, and rest when they aren’t … if that isn’t possible, try not to be too hard on oneself when things don’t go according to plan.
- As Uranus can shock us to the point of “knocking us off of our feet” it is advisable to check all the small points before making a commitment… we can make mistakes now in our rush to remove ourselves from a tedious situation.
- Uranus will remain in the fiery, action orientated sign of Aries until March 2019. Keep in mind that Uranus is in retrograde motion for the rest of 2018. When planets are in retrograde motion, their influence in our lives will be slightly difference as to what it is when they are in direct motion. This means, that while other factors may indicate it’s a good time to begin something new, (Aries likes to do new things)… it is not always the best time to do so… It is therefore important to check all the facts before committing to long-term agreements, especially if finances may be involved. Instead, it is probably better to continue with situations that are already in process…. adding a new twist or idea to such situations is recommended.
- This influence will have an effect on all of us, but will have a stronger effect on those who the following in their charts:
- Uranus in Aries
- Sun in Aries
- Ascendant or Midheaven in Aries
- Uranus in the 1st house
- Uranus in the 11th house
- Any aspects Uranus makes to the 1st house or the 11th house
- Any aspects between, Uranus, Mars or Venus
- Those who have any Libra in their charts, especially if Uranus is in Libra or the 7th house.
Update: Mercury comes out of his “storm” Friday August 24… 😊 We can begin to move ahead again… If you have been taking notes during this retrograde/slow motion time period… have a look at them now and see if you still feel the same about the ideas you may have come up with…
However, the following planets are still in retrograde motion:
Mars in ♑ to August 27
Saturn in ♑ to first week in September
Uranus in ♉, ♈ to into 2019
Neptune in ♓ to November 25
Pluto in ♑ to the end of September
NOTE: MERCURY TURNS DIRECT: August 18/19: Remains in storm until August 24. While some things may start to feel as if they are moving forward or ahead, expect delays until after the 24th. Communications should start to get better and run more smoothly… Transportation and Technical issues may not get solved completely, but they should get a little better… 😉
Mercury Retrograde… we hear and see this quite a bit in and out of the astrology world…. and sometimes Mercury gets a bad wrap when he goes retro… but it’s not all bad.. 🙂 When Mercury goes retrograde it would appear from our Earth’s prospective that Mercury is moving backwards….. hmmm no wonder he can cause some confusion… Yet, if we can “respect” Mercury while he is in this position by applying the “rules” that fit with this circumstance, we can come out of this period with a smile instead of a frown… 🙂
The “rules” are as follows…
- Pay attention to and do as many things possible with the two letters RE in front of the word… for example… REnovate: REdecorate: REdo: REcreate: REnew:
- Try not to begin any new projects:
- Might not be a good time to start a new relationship
- May be a good time to renew a relationship (depending on personal chart data)
- Try not to sign important documents. Exception renewing a mortgage, but be very careful about the small print.
- If you need to sign important papers, make sure you understand everything, if you don’t ask questions.
- Mistakes in communications and messages are highly likely during this period, so read and REread before you sign or commit.
- Expect delays in communications or in getting your questions answered.
- Expect misunderstandings in communications
- Have patience when communicating
- Have patience when waiting for a reply or an answer
- New plans made during this time may not work out as planned or may need to be REdone at a later date
When Mercury is said to be in “storm” he is moving very slowly, the effects of the Mercury Retrograde will apply to a slightly lesser degree.