Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: January 31 @ 4:43 am (ET) @ 1:43 am (PT)
- Moon Sign: Aquarius
- Moon Phase: 4th moves into the first on February 2nd
- Void-off-Course: February 1 @ 6:01 am (ET) @ 3:01 am (PT) to moon into Pisces on February 2nd. Aquarius Moon v/c is not one of the 4 “good signs” Try not to make any important decisions or commitments now.
- Opportunity Period: None
What does it all mean?
- Aquarius is “different”, he is ahead of his time and capable of thinking and “seeing” things in a different way then the rest of us.
- Aquarius is ruled by Uranus, the planet of shock and chaos.
- We may feel may inclined towards kindness, especially on a “global” level or towards animals, the elderly and those worse off.
- The time may be right to understand/learn about new technology, such as a new phone, tablet or t.v.
- This moon period can bring out the rebel in us, prompting us to try new things and or meet new people.
- Be careful not to break tradition just because one feels like being different or as some may see it, “difficult” Teenagers may feel the need to express themselves, so parents be for-warned.
- Personal freedom and individuality is very important now. Partner’s try not to restrict each other’s movements. Parent’s it might be a tight line you walk now. Employer’s give your “worker’s” a little “slack”.
- Being organized might not be as easy now, so expect weird schedule’s and interrupted meetings…
- Could be a good time for inventions…
- The Moon in Aquarius can be good for the following activities:
- Beauty Treatments (Better when the moon is in the 1st and 2nd quarters):
- Borrowing Money: (Better when the moon is in the 3rd and 4th quarters):
- Entertaining Guests:
- Fixing Cars (Better when the moon is in the 1st and 2nd quarters):
- Hair Care, Perms & Colors (Better when the moon is in the 1st quarter):
- Joining a club:
- Pouring Cement: (Better when the moon is in the 3rd quarter):
- Purchasing Appliances (Better when the moon is in the 3rd and 4th quarters ):
- Starting a new diet (Better when the moon is in the 3rd or 4th quarters):
- Starting new construction (Better when the moon is in the 1st quarter):
- Starting a new job (Better when the moon is in the 1st and 2nd quarters):
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts. And to a lessor extent those with strong Leo chart placements.
- Moon in Aquarius
- Sun in Aquarius
- Uranus in Aquarius
- Ascendant or Mid-heaven in Aquarius
- Any aspects to the Moon or the sun .
Got a question..? Send us email HERE… 🙂
The New Moon occurs on January 31 @ 9:46 pm (PT) February 1 @ 12:46 am (ET)
The New Moon is a good time to start anything new, and with the moon being in the inventive/rebellious sign of Aquarius, just about anything is possible now. Don’t be shy when it comes to trying something new. Wait a day or so before beginning what ever it is that you are planning on doing however,.. It is when we see the crescent shape of the moon that she is the strongest in her “newness”.
- February 1st is the date of the Lunar New Year of the Tiger.
- Mercury goes direct on Thursday February 3rd, but remains in storm, (going slowly) until February 9th.
The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-of-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void of Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy/unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are really feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void of Course….
However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-of-Course moon…
- Cancer: Taurus: Sagittarius: Pisces:
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Paula Belluomini present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.