Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: April 17 2023 @ 9:09pm (ET) @ 6:09pm (PT)
- Moon Sign: Aries
- Moon Phase: 4th.
- Void-off-Course: April 19 @ 9:13 pm (PT) April 20 @ 12:13 am (ET). Moon v/c in Aries is not one of the 4 “good signs” Make sure you get all the facts before making any commitments..
- Opportunity Period: None
- The New Moon occurs in last degrees of Aries on April 19th @9:13 pm (PT) and on April 20th @12:13 am (ET). The influence of the Aries moon will be stronger during this time. Take extra care when driving, and if you suffer from headaches you may need to stay away from whatever triggers them for a day or two.
- We can be more impatient than usual, so try and stay away from folk and situations that “push your buttons”.
- If you have extra energy or feel restless during this New Moon, try doing something physical (exercise, walking, or playing a sport). Pent up energy is likely to come out negatively if coupled with impatience.
- The new moon is traditionally the time to start new projects, new business and new relationships.. it’s a time to move into that “first place”, to enter into the work force for the 1st time, change jobs or job responsibilities.. however, it is suggested we wait a day or two until the moon has settled into her new cycle.
- The Moon will move into the sign of Taurus on April 19 @ 9:30 pm (PT) on April 20 @ 12:30 am (ET). As it is so close in timing to the New Moon/Solar Eclipse event, it is possible that the Fire of Aries may be slightly tamed by the earth of Taurus… slowing things down a little bit.
Note Quote: “Top Astrological event of the week: Thursday (April 20 2023) New Moon Solar Eclipse in Aries in square aspect with Pluto (in 0 degrees Aquarius): Rebel spirits will fight back against authoritarian control. Thanks to a loose sextile with Saturn, this is an excellent period to start building local structures and independent networks outside of the mainstream.” Michell Perrin-Llewellyn’s 2023 Daily Planetary Guide
What does it all mean?
- Aries is action, he is the most masculine of the Zodiac signs, he is ruled by Mars (The God of War)
- We may have more energy when the moon is in Aries
- We are happy to defend our loved ones
- We are apt to speak up, even those of us who consider ourselves to be “timid” can find our voice.
- May be a good time to get your message across, or to ask for what you need
- Be careful when driving especially when upset or angry
- We may be more susceptible to head injuries or head aches
- We could be eager to start new projects
- Be careful while engaging in physical activities, we may feel stronger or more “heroic” at the moment but our bodies might not be in the same “zone” 🙂
- We may be more decisive than usual, as always use caution 😎…
- Be careful about saying yes to everything right now, we might feel like we can handle more, but when the time comes we could be sorry we took on so much at once.
- Being healthy and feeling good so we can help others, or at the very least get our chores done, may be on the agenda for the next few days. .
- Adults with a strong Mars or Aries influence may be acting more like children than adults. 😋
- Some of us could be insensitive, or appear selfish to others.
- The Moon in Aries will have a slight effect on all of us, but it will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts: Along with those who have a strong Libra placement in their charts
- Moon in Aries:
- Sun in Aries:
- Ascendant or Midheaven in Aries:
- Mars in Aries:
- Moon in the 1st:
- Aspects to the Moon or Mars:
The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Paula Belluomini present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods and dates.
One thought on “The Moon and Astrology: How it affects our daily life…Transiting New Moon in Aries, Solar Eclipse, Sun into Taurus, April 2023”