Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: October 25 @ 3:18 am (ET) @ 12:18 am (PT)
- Moon Sign: Scorpio
- ***NEW MOON: October 25th @ 6:49 am (ET) @ 3:49 am (PT)
- Moon Phase: 4th (moves into the 1st on the 26th)
- Void-off-Course: October 26 @9:27 pm (PT) October 27 @12:27 am (ET) to moon into Sagittarius in the early hours of October 27th.
- Opportunity Period: October 26 @11:31am (ET) @ 8:31 am (PT) to moon void of course. “Wait two hours after the square and you’ll have a good period to sort out deep feelings. (11:31 am to 1:31 am (ET) 8:31 am to 10:31 am (PT) This is an emotional time after the eclipse” PB*
What does it all mean?
- Scorpio is intense and one of the most “sensitive” of the zodiac signs
- The moon relates to our emotions and how we react to situations and people
- We can immerse ourselves in our projects now.
- Watch for becoming obsessed with someone or something…. not everyone falls for someone at the same time and patience may be needed regarding sensitive relationship matters
- Be sure that your partner, friend, lover, co-worker or school friend is really trying to upset your personal apple cart before making waves
- We could be encouraged or directed towards taking risks or doing things we wouldn’t normally do.
- Sex may be high on the agenda for some of us… so if you don’t want to help the world population grow right now use caution… 🙂
- Some of us may be highly creative, while others may connect with their psychic side…
- Secrets may be told now… we can be enticed to open up to others about our deepest feelings/fantasy’s…Take care with whom you share your secrets if you don’t want them “displayed” at a later date. Some folks may keep your information until it suits them to use it without your consent.
- While we will all be effected slightly by the Scorpio moon, she will have a greater effect on those who have the following in their charts.. and those who have a strong Aries or Taurus placement in their charts.
- Moon in Scorpio
- Sun in Scorpio
- Ascendant in Scorpio
- Mid-heaven in Scorpio
- Moon in 8th house
- Aspects to the Moon, Mars or Pluto
- Ascendant or Mid-heaven in Scorpio
- Those who have a strong Taurus chart influence.
The NEW MOON in Scorpio…
October 25 @6:49am (ET) @3:49am (PT)
- The new moon is traditionally the best time for beginnings and the influences listed above will be stronger under a new moon… especially for those who have Scorpio or Taurus chart placings…
- When the moon renews herself in the sign of Scorpio, it may be wise for us to “be careful what we wish for” We are more passionate now and our emotions can get sometimes get the best of us.
- Scorpio, has a connection to the “mysteries of the other world” She is intrigued by it… She will research it and sometimes embrace it…
- Scorpio is ruled by Pluto and connected to the 8th house. Her ancient ruler was Mars.
- Scorpio is intense, everything she does she must feel “connected” to… This means that our emotions during this new moon will also be intense… Be sure that what you are feeling is real and not enhanced by the Scorpio moon..
- If you have an idea or project you want to get off of the ground, the better day to begin would be on the 26th when the moon has moved into her first quarter.
- A partial Solar Eclipse will occur on the 25th in 2 degrees Scorpio. Any Eclipse will enhance the traits of the sign it occurs in. Scorpio is a passionate, secretive and sometimes jealous sign.
The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… The moon stays with each sign for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as Opportunity Periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to the following: Paula Belluomini, present day astrologer, William Lilly, 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods, dates and other information.