Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: October 27 @6:55am (ET) @3:55am (PT)
- Moon Sign: Sagittarius
- Moon Phase: 1st
- Void-off-Course: October 29th @9:10am (ET) @6:10 am(PT) to moon into Capricorn about 20 minutes later: Moon v/c in Sagittarius is one of the 4 void of course “good signs”
- Opportunity Period: October 28th @ 10:59pm (PT) October 29th @ 1:59am (ET) to moon into Capricorn. “Good time for work or play, but try (to) control any excess” PB*
What does it all mean?
- Sagittarius is the most “easy-going” of the fire signs and is ruled by Jupiter “the lucky planet”
- We are going to want our personal freedom now, so take care partners who have a possessive or jealous tendencies, they might not be tolerated for the next couple of days.
- Because Sagittarius is ruled by Jupiter “the lucky planet” we may be feeling luckier then usual… take care not to go over the budget… 🙂 (Jupiter changes signs on the 28th).
- We could have more energy for fun things such as music, sports and shows
- It’s easier to try something new and exciting just take care not to get carried away.
- Could be a good time to take a few days for rest, relaxation and laughter
- Good time for day dreaming and making fantastic plans for the future.
- While this moon will have a slight effect on all of us… those with the following in their charts will feel it stronger as will those who have a strong Gemini placement in their charts.
- Moon in Sagittarius
- Jupiter in Sagittarius
- Moon in the 9th house
- Ascendant in Sagittarius
- Mid-heaven in Sagittarius
- Sun in Sagittarius
- Aspects to the Moon and Jupiter.
- Jupiter, (ruler of Sagittarius) moves into the sign of Pisces on October 27th @ 10:10 pm (PT) @1:10 am On October 28th (ET)
- Before Neptune was discovered, Pisces was ruled by Jupiter along with Sagittarius.
- Pisces is a compassionate sign, and a dual sign, (such as Gemini).
- Jupiter is the planet of expansion… Which could mean, that for some Pisceans, their compassion may grow, for stray animals, odd causes and stray people…
- Take care when being told things, it is easy for some people to exaggerate during this time, and it is easy for some to be taken in by stories of hardship…
- Check things out before making any commitments with your time, energy or finances
- Folks who have selfish tendencies, may appear to be more selfish than usual, take care that you don’t either become the user or the used…
- It’s o.k. to say NO
- Mostly, this can be a happy, fun and positive time… run with the goodness of Jupiter, just take care not be taken for a ride… 😊
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-of-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void of Course… when this occurs, we may feel “foggy/unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are really feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void of Course….
However, all is not lost 😎as there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-of-Course moon…
- Cancer: Taurus: Sagittarius: Pisces
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods. Thanks to Paula Bellumoni and Llewellyn’s daily planetary guide for opportunity periods and dates.