Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: February 21 @9:14pm (PT) February 22 @12:14am (ET).
- Moon Sign: Aries
- Moon Phase: 1st
- Void-off-Course: February 23 @11:22pm (PT) February 24 @2:22am (ET) to moon into Taurus, in the early morning hours of the 24th. Moon v/c in Aries is not one of the 4 “good signs” Make sure you get all the facts before making any commitments..
- Opportunity Period: None
What does it all mean?
- Aries is action, he is the most masculine of the Zodiac signs, he is ruled by the planet Mars
- We should have slightly more get up and go when the moon is in Aries
- We are happy to defend our loved ones
- We are apt to speak up more, even those of us who consider themselves to be “timid” can find the voice they need right now.
- Maybe a good time to get your message across or to ask for what you need
- Be careful when driving especially when upset or angry
- We may be more susceptible to head injuries or head aches
- We could be eager to start projects now.
- Be careful while engaging in physical activities, we may feel stronger or more “heroic” at the moment but our bodies might not be in the same “zone” 🙂
- We may be more decisive than usual, as always use caution …
- Be careful about saying yes to everything, we might feel like we can handle more, but when the time comes we could be sorry we took on so much at once.
- Being healthy and feeling good is important, making this an excellent time to engage in a new fitness regime.
- Adults with a strong Mars or Aries influence, may be acting more like children than adults.
- Some of us could be more insensitive, or appear more selfish to others.
- The Moon in Aries will have a slight effect on all of us, but it will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts: Along with those who have a strong Libra placement in their charts
- Moon in Aries:
- Sun in Aries:
- Ascendant or Midheaven in Aries:
- Mars in Aries:
- Moon in the 1st:
- Aspects to the Moon or Mars:
- NOTES: Venus entered into Aries on February 20th. For the next few days we have two important celestial bodies (Moon, Venus) in the fiery, action focused, impatient and forward positive sign of Aries. Emotions, relationships and finances (spending) may be in focus.
- Jupiter, Juno and Chiron are also currently in the sign of Aries.
- Tuesday February 21: Mardi Gras, Pancake (Fat) Tuesday 🥞
- February 22: Ash Wednesday, Beginning of Lent
The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
- In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
- The Moon Void-of-Course:
- There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
- Opportunity Periods
- There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
- Thanks to Paula Belluomini present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods and dates.