Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: January 17 @ 11:03 pm (ET) @ 8:03 pm (PT)
- Moon Sign: Leo♌
- Moon Phase: 2nd moves into 3rd on the 18th.
- Void-off-Course: January 20 @ 3:15 am (ET) @ 12:15 am (PT) to moon into Virgo a few hours later. *Leo Moon* v/c is not one of the 4 “good signs”
- Opportunity Period: None
What does it all mean?
- The Leo Moon Loves Drama, so be warned…
- The Leo Moon loves to be noticed and recognized, so be prepared to “pump up” your loved ones and if you happened to have a Leo influence in yourself, be aware of how you may be going about getting recognized or appreciated… If you play your cards right this could be a positive time when you get to be where you need to be.
- Try not to be overly “vain” and be prepared for drama at any-time from any direction
- Try not to over react and if it’s not you doing the over reacting, try not to get caught up in the drama, or to encourage the over reactor
- It’s a good time to check out the local talent, take in a down town show, get starry-eyed with your lover, or perhaps look for a new one, as romance is high on the priority ladder during this time.
- A great time to get things organized in the home and in the work place. You will feel 100% better… Leo loves to be organized.
- Might prove positive for hair cuts, make overs.
While this moon period will effect us all, those with the following chart influences will feel it the most:
- Moon in Leo
- Sun in Leo
- Moon in the 5th house
- Aspects to the moon
- Those who have Aquarius chart influences. *The sun moves into Aquarius on the 19th*
Uranus turns direct on January 18 @10:27 am (ET) @ 7:27 am (PT):
Uranus is the planet of shock and Chaos, as he goes direct, we should be able to gain a little more control over things. Our plans should begin to pan out more, however, keep in mind that Mercury is retrograde for the next few weeks. While some things may seem to be moving ahead in some life area’s with less challenges, Mercury’s retrograde may still cause some upsets, delays and challenges.
The sun moves into the sign of Aquarius January 19 @ 9:39 am (ET) @ 6:39 am (PT).
- Aquarius is ruled by the planet Uranus, which turned direct on January 18th.
- Aquarius is a masculine, fixed air sign. Being ruled by Uranus, Aquarius folks can be unpredictable, some are organized in an upside down way, some aren’t but maybe would like to be. 🙂
- Aquarius folks can be rebellious, they like to do things their own way, sometimes totally out of the blue.
- Aquarius folks see the “big picture” and can sometimes miss out on the finer details. Their wide vision prompts them to help others, charity projects and helping out in the community are are few area’s we may see our Aquarius brothers and sisters engaged in.
- Smart and capable of looking ahead, Aquarius folks have wonderful ideas, and can put their hand to just about anything.. they can live in a mansion or a shack it doesn’t really matter as long as they are happy… 🙂
We wish all Aquarians a very happy and healthy New Year ahead
- Contact us at: email@example.com
- with your questions or to order a tarot card reading, horoscope or astrology chart... 🙂
The Moon and Astrology
How it affects our daily lives…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-of-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon is not fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void of Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void of Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-of-Course moon…
Good for Void-Of-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Paula Belluomini present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
copyright: Greta McKenzie Astrology updated 01/05/2022