Present Moon Sign/Phase/House
- Date: January 15 @ 11:11 am (ET) @ 8:11 am (PT)
- Moon Sign: Cancer
- Moon Phase: 2nd
- Void-of-Course: January 17 @ 6:48 pm (ET) 3:48 pm (PT) to moon into Leo later that night.
- Opportunity Period: None
What does it all mean?
- The moon is happy in the sign of Cancer because the moon rules this sign.
- Being sympathetic towards the worries of others is easier, we may also be more empathetic now.
- We can be more nurturing when there is a cancer moon
- Domestic chores and responsibilities may be easier to do now, in fact some of us may be very happy making our home comfortable and safe
- Cooking may be fun to do too, so go ahead and try out that new recipe
- The more emotionally sensitive of us, may take offense, feel slighted or more vulnerable during the Cancer moon… Caution is advised though, check your facts before you “accuse”.
- Some of us may feel needy, while others of us are happy to be the needed, helping our loved ones feel secure. Caution is advised for those that “go over board” on the needy thing during this moon period, be careful if you don’t want to “scare” someone off…
- It’s a time for cuddles, caring, good food and just plain old lovings… 🙂 Enjoy..
- This may also be a good time to do some tidy up and mini reno’s on the house.
- This may be a positive time for: Beauty treatments, Brewing beer, Buying antiques, Buying for speculation, Can foods, Collect on debts, Hair cut (for growth) and plant bulbs from seeds.
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts.
- Moon in Cancer: (these folk really feel the influence of the moon, emotions may be close to the surface).
- Ascendant in Cancer:
- Sun in Cancer:
- Moon in the 4th house:
- Aspects to the Moon, or planets in the 4th house
- To a lessor extent, those who have personal planets in Capricorn
Full Moon on January 17th in the sign of Cancer @ 6:48 pm (ET) @ 3:8 pm (PT). The full moon is traditionally thought of as being the best time to wrap up plans.. The moon is full and so are we, time to reflect on the weeks gone by.. Endings such as leaving a job, ending a relationship, closing up shop for good, and putting the finishing touches on current projects are all “full moon activities”
The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-of-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void of Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void of Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-of-Course moon…
Good for Void-Of-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as Opportunity Periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods. thanks to Paula Belluomini astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods and dates.