Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: April 10 2019
- Moon Sign: Cancer at 11:31 pm (ET) 4:33 pm (PT)
- Moon Phase: 1st
- Void-off-Course: April 12 @ 7:33 pm (ET) 6:17 am (PT)
- House: 12th house of institutions, fantasy and illusion (equal house system)
- Opportunity Period: April 12 @ 4:02 pm (ET) 1:02 pm (PT) to moon into Leo the next morning. Nice time for a stroll… 🙂
What does it all mean?
- The moon is happy in the sign of Cancer because she rules here.
- We can be more nurturing when there is a cancer moon
- Domestic chores and responsibilities may be easier to do now, in fact some of us may be very happy making our home comfortable and safe
- Cooking may be fun to do now, so go ahead and try out that new recipe
- The more emotionally sensitive of us, may take offense or feel slighted or more vulnerable during the Cancer moon… Caution is advised though, check your facts before you “accuse”.
- Some of us may feel needy, while others of us are happy to be the cuddler, helping our loved ones feel secure and in deed needed. Caution is advised that some of us can go over board on the needy thing during this moon period, so be careful if you don’t want to “scare” someone off…
- It’s a time for cuddles, caring, good food and just plain old lovings… 🙂 Enjoy..
- With the Transiting moon in the 9th house, we may be more inclined towards picking up a new subject, learning a new recipe, checking into house improvements and looking for a few days away to relax and unwind.
- In the 12th house of fantasy, illusion and institutions. This is the house of Pisces. Some of us may be more emotional than usual, however, displaying or explaining our emotions may not be so easy… It’s a good time to spend alone, to reflect on the past and recognize our strengths and weaknesses… It’s a time to renew ourselves… Drama isn’t welcome, meditation and serenity is… 🙂 An opportune time to be creative and intuitive… we my dream more and feel more connected to our spiritual selves. Because Cancer is a domestic and sensitive sign, and the moon is at home in this sign, take care not over react to family/domestic situations, you may be seeing things from an overly emotional point of view… let logic have a look in on the situation too…;)
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts. And to a lessor degree… Those with strong Capricorn in their charts may also be affected
- Moon in Cancer:
- Ascendant in Cancer:
- Sun in Cancer:
- Moon in the 4th house:
- Moon in the 12th house:
- Aspects to the Moon:
Jupiter turns retrograde on the 10th of April, until August 11th.
When Planets go retrograde it usually means some challenges where the planet’s “power” is concerned… Jupiter is the “lucky” or expansive planet and is connected to the sign of Sagittarius and the 9th house.
During this retrograde cycle, Jupiter will visit with the 6th and then the 5th house. (Equal house system)…. While jupiter is retrograde, expansion and good luck are still possible, however, it will likely take more looking than usual to “see the opportunities around us” … Take this time to go over your plans, to view your future in a positive way, with plans to make things better, figure out ways to bring a more positive light into your world…
Exercise, diet and following the same old routine day in and day out, may not be so appealing. We can become restless and perhaps irritated at the “lack” of activity in our lives now. Being patient, while not always easy, is recommended under this influence, as is, keeping our ego under control. Being confident is a good thing, especially when we need to try something new, or we find ourself in an unnerving situation, however, being overly confident is not recommended. Folks should be careful when gambling or taking risks, things may look good, but under this influence they are unlikely to turn out exactly as planned. Children and pets may be around more often, and we will need to be engaged with them… Being creative may be slightly more challenging than usual… but don’t give up, it just means you may have to try a few times to get it right… 🙂
While this Jupiter retrograde cycle will have an effect on all of us, those with the following are most likely to be affected most directly.
Sun in Sagittarius
Jupiter in Sagittarius
Jupiter in the 5th or 6th house
Moon in Sagittarius
The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.