The Moon and Astrology
How it affects our daily lives…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon is not fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: August 12 to 15 2015
- Moon Sign: Leo 4:52 pm (ET) 1:52 pm (PT)
- Moon Phase: 4th
- Void-off-Course: August 15 @ 12:36 am (ET) August 14 @ 9:36 pm (PT) to August 15 3:46 am (ET) 12:46 am (PT). Leo Moon v/c is not one of the 4 “good signs”. Not the best time to make decisions regarding children or pets.
- House(s): 10th: 10th house of responsibility, career, social standing.
- Opportunity Period: None
What does it all mean?
- The Leo Moon Loves Drama, so be warned…
- The Leo Moon loves to be noticed and recognized, so be prepared to “pump up” your loved ones and if you happened to have a Leo influence in yourself, be aware of how you may be going about getting recognized or appreciated… If you play your cards right this could be a positive time when you get to be where you need to be.
- Try not to be overly “vain” and be prepared for drama at any-time from any direction
- Try not to over react and if it’s not you doing the over reacting, try not to get caught up in the drama, or to encourage the over reactor
- It’s a good time to check out the local talent, take in a down town show, get starry-eyed with your lover, or perhaps look for a new one, as romance is high on the priority ladder during this time.
- Might prove positive for hair cuts, make overs.
- In the 10th house: For some of us focus will be on our jobs and career’s, and this may be a positive time for folk who are looking for work, so stay open to possibilities and watch for opportunities. Behave while in social/business situations. Those who have families may need to keep their work at work, when it comes to family time.
- This moon period will affect everyone, but more so those who have the following in their charts: And those who have a strong Capricorn or Aquarius placement in their charts.
- Moon in Leo:
- Sun in Leo:
- Moon in Aquarius
- Sun in Aquarius
- Moon in the 10th house
- Moon in the 5th house
- Aspects to the moon, sun or Uranus
- Ascendant in Leo
- Mid-heaven in Leo
New Moon in Leo:
The moon will renew herself on August 14 2015…
- Traditionally when the moon is new, it is said to be a good time to begin something… The moon moves into the 1st phase on August 15th, and it is suggested that we hold off on our new projects, ideas, relationships until the 15th.
- Leo is a creative fire sign, indicating this may be a good opportunity for creative folk to show off their wares…
- Ideas for decorating, fashion design and in any artistic endeavor can come quickly under this influence.. so get out your pencil and paper and jot them down.
- Work related projects may get a “face-lift” or a green light to proceed.
- For the true animal lover, this could be a good time to finally adopt that furry family member, but check and double check everything before making up your mind if the moon is void off course, which it is until August 15 @ 5:27 am (ET) 2:27 am (PT), when it moves into the sign of Virgo.
- And for those wanting to start a family go for it.. however, for those who aren’t quite ready, be advised… 🙂
- Enjoy creative time spent with good friends
- New friends could come into your life now