Event: Durham Festival: A celebration of Culture & Creativity
Date(s): 08/13 to 08/16 2015
- August 13 to August 16th: Check out the picturesque Pickering Waterfront… see the “Dusk Dancers”, Driftwood Theater in the Square and the scenic waterfront trail…. Pickering Waterfront (Millennium Square, Alex Robertson Park, Nautical Village)
- August 13: 9 am to 5 pm: It’s all about cycling… stories from like-minded folk, innovations in cycling design and engineering: Ajax Convention Center.
- August 14: 6:30 pm to 11:00 pm: Put on yer dancin’ shoes folk… 🙂 Family fun at the Disco & Glowfest.. Parkwood Estate, Oshawa.
- August 15: 11:00 am to 5:00 pm: Help set the world record for the longest picnic table… Bring a basket of goodies or purchase online before the event… South end of Victoria Fields, (Gorden Street, Whitby).
- August 15: Noon to 8:00 pm: Eat, Drink and be Merry…. Local Food, Craft Beer and gourmet food trucks… 🙂 Enjoy: Rotary Park, Ajax.
- August 15: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm: Arts, Crafts, performances and the like… Visual Arts Centre of Clarington, Bowmanville..
- August 15: Noon to 8:30 pm: Just about everything happening here…. local food, plays based on Lucy Maud Montgomery, KidsZone, buskers, entertainers and fun… 🙂 Noth Durham Village, Port Whitby Marina, Whitby.
- August 15: Noon to Dark: Whitby’s Historic harbour-front… fun day for all the family…
- August 16: Registration opens at 6:30 am: Ride4UnitedWay: Recreational and competitive cyclists have the choice of a variety of routes… Ride starts and ends at the Legends Centre in Oshawa… Distances are: 60K, 100K, 160k and a 4KTT challenge (4k timed over three fairly stiff climbs): PRE-Registration is required for this event.
For Information please go to: www.durhamfestival.ca
source: Whitby This Week pull out section.