The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: June 14 to June 16 2015
- Moon Sign: Gemini: 1:51 pm (ET) 10:51 am (PT)
- Moon Phase: 4th
- Void-off-Course:June 16 @ 10:05 am (ET) @ 7:05 am (PT) to 6:51 pm (ET) 3:51 pm (PT)
- House(s) 9th: 9th house of higher knowledge and travel.
- Opportunity Period: June 16 9:25 am (ET) 10:35 am (PT) Use this time to start something relating to a project/plan already begun before May 11:
- ***NEW MOON**|June 16:
- Traditionally the new moon is the best time to begin anything new. However, the optimum time is really in the 1st phase of the moon. The New Moon doesn’t always fall in the 1st phase, as is in the case of this month’s new moon. Thinking and planning can still be done on the 16th, but it’s recommended that any actions wait until next day, the 17th of June, when the moon will have moved into the 1st phase. 🙂
- With this month’s NEW MOON in the sign of Gemini, which is ruled by Mercury, dealings in communications and technology begun under this influence should go well.
- Connections with siblings
- Could be a good time for the “birth of a new novel or book”
- An opportune time for journalists and writer’s
What does it all mean?
- Gemini is an air sign and needs lots of stimuli. She is ruled by Mercury.
- We may find we are trying to do multiple things at once, which may not go exactly as we may have planned.
- Could be lots of chit chatting going on, and some of us may have to make a concerted effort to listen instead of chat.
- Caution is advised when doing up letters, emails and relaying messages, as much as we may think we have it right, it’s better to check one more time
- In the 9th house: This can be a good time to finish up a study session, or to begin a new one. We want to expand our minds now, so go ahead, but take care not to carried away. Travel may beckon us, go if you can, if not check out a fabulous travel show on t.v. Routines may get a shake up, those of us who need a routine to stay focused could be feeling emotionally out of sorts for the next couple of days.
- It’s a good time to get those lists and notes made up… we can feel good about putting pen to paper now.
- Boredom may be at our door step and we may feel more restless than usual.
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts.
- Moon in Gemini,
- Sun in Gemini
- Sun in Virgo
- Moon in Sagittarius
- Moon in the 9th house
- Any aspects to the Moon, Mercury or Jupiter