The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: May 27 to May 30 2015
- Moon Sign: Libra @ 5:42 pm (ET) 2:42 pm (PT)
- Moon Phase: 2nd:
- Void-off-Course: May 29 @ 4;20 pm (ET) 1:20: pm(PT) to May 30 @ 5:34 am (ET) 2:34 am (PT) Moon v/c in Libra is not one of the 4 void off course “good signs” (see above).
- House: 2nd: The house of financial and material security
- Opportunity Period: None
What does it all mean?
- Libra has a need for balance, indicating this moon period may be an ideal time to implement some into our daily lives.
- A desire for justice may be present, dealing with issues that have upset our sense of justice may prove to be productive.
- Diplomacy is likely to be more apparent during the next few days, and may be a good time to bring up that topic you have been putting on the back burner.
- Hesitation is probably going to raise its head, we may see many sides of a story and find it difficult to make up our minds.
- Difficulty in making commitments or long-term decisions, because we can’t make up our minds. If this is the case perhaps wait a few days until the moon has moved out of Libra.
- Libra is happiest when in a relationship or partnership.
- Libra can be tactful, diplomatic and co-operative. Yet when she visits with the 1st house she may appear to be selfish or less than sensitive to the needs/feelings of others. For those with Libra traits, be aware of your emotional responses for the next few days. For the rest of us, being understanding can help potentially sensitive situations run smoother.
- In the 2nd house: Our financial, job prospects and living situation could be in focus now. For some each aspect (finances, job and residence) may all be connected. If capable of seeing things clearly positive choices can be made now.
- This moon sign will affect us all but will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts.
- Moon in Libra,
- Sun in Libra,
- Venus in Libra
- Venus or Libra in the 2nd house
- Moon in 2nd house,
- Any aspects to the Moon or Venus