Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: January 5 @ 7:17 pm (ET) @ 4:17 pm (PT)
- Moon Sign: Pisces
- Moon Phase: 1st
- Void-off-Course: January 7th @ 5:23 pm (ET) @ 2:23 pm (PT) to moon into Aries late night on the 7th (PTJ) Early morning on the 8th (ET). Pisces is a fortunate sign for the Void of Course moon.
Opportunity Period: January 6 @ 10:56 pm (PT) January 7 @1:56 am (ET) until moon into Aries on the 7th (PT) on the 8th (ET): “Perfect time to reconnect with people from the pat or take steps to improve your relationships while Venus is retrograde” Paula Belluomini.
What does it all mean?
- Pisces is compassionate and caring but can be taken for granted
- Sometimes Pisces isn’t about helping others but helping oneself.
- We can be more psychic during a Pisces moon, but we can also be easily deceived, so be sure of the “messages” received during this time.
- Be careful if something sounds too good to be true, look for the hidden agenda
- We can be susceptible to taking in stray animals and stray people now.
- Our hearts can be broken or melted during this time depending on what may be revealed now.
- Feeling more spiritually connected at this time, esoteric and spiritual subjects may be of more interest to some of us.
- However, keep an open mind when delving into new spiritual situations, ask questions and don’t believe everything you hear or see.
- We can be wistful, impressionable, nostalgic and dreamy now.
- The moon in Pisces will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts: Folks with strong Virgo chart placements will feel this influence more than most, but likely less than those with Pisces chart influences.
- Moon in Pisces:
- Sun in Pisces:
- Moon in the 12th house
- Aspects to the Moon or Neptune
- Neptune in Pisces: (Note: Transiting Neptune is in the sign of Pisces for the rest of the year).
- Ascendant or Mid-Heaven in Pisces
- NOTES: Neptune in ♓
- Neptune rules Pisces, making this a strong astrological connection. (Neptune is domicile in Pisces)
- Things are not always what they seem
- Deception is everywhere
- Check your facts from reliable sources
- Connections with esoteric subjects possible
- May feel more inclined toward fantasy then fact
- Some folks may feel the pull towards a new belief system, or the desire to reconnect with an old one
- Take care regarding escapist behaviours
- This planetary movement will have a slight affect on us all, but will have a stronger affect on those who have strong Neptune or Pisces connections in the birth chart.
The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
- In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
- The Moon Void-off-Course:
- There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
- Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
- These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
- There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Credits: Thanks to Paula Belluomini (Opportunity Periods) along with Michelle Perrin and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for dates presented here.