Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
Date: August 16 2016 to August 18 2016:
- Moon Sign: Aquarius at 7:52 am (ET) 4:52 am (PT)
- Moon Phase:2nd
- Void-off-Course: August 18 5:27 am (ET) 2:27 am (PT) to 12:34 pm (ET) 9:34 am (PT). Aquarius Moon v/c is not one of the 4 “good signs” Try not to make any important decisions or commitments now.
- House(s): 4th & 5th:4th house of domestic and family affairs: 5th house of children, pets and entertainment
- Opportunity Period: August 16 7:53 am (ET) 4:53 am (PT) until void off course on the 18th: This is a good time for just about anything that you interests you… 🙂
- What does it all mean?
- Aquarius is “different”, he is ahead of his time and capable of thinking and “seeing” things in a different way then the rest of us.
- Aquarius is ruled by Uranus, the planet of shock and chaos.
- We may feel may inclined towards kindness, especially on a “global” level or towards animals, the elderly and those worse off.
- Getting along with our four-legged friends may be on the top of our list now.
- The time may be right to understand/learn about new technology, such as a new phone, tablet or t.v.
- This moon period can bring out the rebel in us, prompting us to try new things and or meet new people.
- Be careful not to break tradition just because one feels like being different or as some may see it, “difficult” Teenagers may feel the need to express themselves, so parents be for warned.
- Personal freedom and individuality is very important now. Partner’s try not to restrict each other’s movements. Parent’s it might be a tight line you walk now. Employer’s give your “worker’s” a little “slack”.
- Being organized might not be as easy now, so expect weird schedule’s and interrupted meetings…
- Changes may be in the air…
- In the 4th house: Affairs relating to our domestic situation may be high on the agenda… if they aren’t, it’s a good time to make them so, especially during the opportune time… tidy, organize, cook, create to make your house the home you need… 🙂 Spending time with family and loved ones could go well and announcements of pregnancies and weddings could be in the air.
- In the 5th house: Once you have all your domestic chores seen to 🙂 make time for entertaining with friends and family… Playing with kids and pets is awesome therapy now… they allow us to see things from a different perspective, one that is simpler and all about fun… 🙂
- Could be a good time for inventions… Perhaps keeping them to paper until after the 24th is advisable if the goal is for the invention to work.
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts. And too will those with strong Cancer or Leo placing in their charts.
- Moon in Aquarius
- Sun in Aquarius
- Uranus in Aquarius
- Moon in the 4th or 5th house
- Moon in Cancer
- Any aspects between the Moon and Uranus .
Full Moon: August 18th
- With the full moon in Aquarius all of the above traits will be stronger, especially for folks with Aquarius or Leo in their charts.
- There will be a tendency towards rebellious and fanatical actions… the breaking of old traditions may also be on the agenda… personal causes may feel more urgent… take care not to go over board, let logic lead you when your heart gets a little outta hand… 🙂
- For some folks this could be a good time to let go of bad habits, people and situations as the Full Moon is traditionally known as the completion of a cycle…..
- During this month’s full moon take the time to review what it is you feel you need to discard, but don’t do anything rash… if possible wait until the 24th to make your choices permanent.
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-of-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void of Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void of Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-of-Course moon…
Good for Void-Of-Course Moon: These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
- Cancer: Taurus: Sagittarius: Pisces:
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
copyright: Greta McKenzie Astrology august 16/16
One thought on “The Moon and Astrology: How it affects our daily life: Transiting Full Moon in Aquarius: August 2016”