The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: September 18 to 21 2015
- Moon Sign: Sagittarius at 11:32 pm (ET) 8:32 pm (PT)
- Moon Phase:1st
- Void-off-Course: September 21 @ 4:59 am (ET) 1:59 am (PT) to 8:33 am (ET) 5:33 am (PT): Moon v/c in Sagittarius is one of the 4 void off course “good signs” (see above).
- House(s): 2nd & 3rd: 2nd house of financial and material security. 3rd house of siblings, communications and day-to-day affairs.
- Opportunity Period: September 21 4:59 am (ET) 1:59 am (PT) to 8:33 am (ET) 5:33 am (PT). This is a short O/P but a good one for the “night owls”.
What does it all mean?
- Sagittarius is the most “easy-going” of the fire signs and is ruled by Jupiter “the lucky planet”
- We are going to want our personal freedom now, so take care partners who have a possessive or jealous tendencies, they might not be tolerated for the next couple of days.
- Because Sagittarius is ruled by Jupiter “the lucky planet” we may be feeling luckier then usual… Just take care not to go over the budget… 🙂
- We could have more energy for fun things such as music, sports and shows
- It’s easier to try something new and exciting just take care not to get carried away.
- Could be a good time to take a few days for rest, relaxation and laughter
- Good time for day dreaming and making fantastic plans for the future.
- In the 2nd house, focus is likely our finances, some of us may even get luck in this area… for others, they may be more generous than they should be… Because this house also relates to our material security, we may also be looking at buying a house or moving to a foreign land.
- In the 3rd house: (moves into the 3rd house Sept 19 @ 8;46 am). Our hearts and our minds are one… which can be a “good thing” or a “not so good thing” depending on where you are at emotionally. It’s probably not the best time to make a decision regarding a long-term “emotional” situation if you aren’t absolutely sure. If you do go ahead and take the “plunge” be sure to know all the facts (now and for the long-term). Contacts with neighbours and siblings may be in focus. Possible emotional/mental situations regarding one or both.
- While this moon will have a slight effect on all of us… those with the following in their charts will feel it stronger as will those who have a strong Gemini or Cancer placement in their charts.
- Moon in Sagittarius
- Jupiter in Sagittarius
- Moon in the 9th house
- Ascendant in Sagittarius
- Mid-heaven in Sagittarius
- Moon in the 2nd house
- Moon in the 3rd house
- Sun in Sagittarius
- Aspects to the Moon and Jupiter.
copyright: Greta McKenzie Astrology 08/31/2015