The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: July 30 to August 1 2015
- Full Moon occurs on: July 31 2015 6:43 am (ET) 3:43 am (PT)
- Moon Sign: Aquarius at 5:40 pm (ET) 2:40 pm (PT)
- Moon Phase: 2nd
- Void-off-Course: August 1 6:02 pm (ET) 3:02 pm (PT) to 6:36 pm (ET) 3:36 pm (PT). Aquarius Moon v/c is not one of the 4 “good signs” Try not to make any important decisions or commitments now.
- House(s): 4th: 4th house of domestic and family affairs:
- Opportunity Period: None
What does it all mean?
- Aquarius is “different”, he is ahead of his time and capable of thinking and “seeing” things in a different way then the rest of us.
- Aquarius is ruled by Uranus, the planet of shock and chaos.
- We may feel may inclined towards kindness, especially on a “global” level or towards animals, the elderly and those worse off.
- Getting along with our four-legged friends may be on the top of our list now.
- The time may be right to understand/learn about new technology, such as a new phone, tablet or t.v.
- This moon period can bring out the rebel in us, prompting us to try new things and or meet new people.
- Be careful not to break tradition just because one feels like being different or as some may see it, “difficult” Teenagers may feel the need to express themselves, so parents be for warned.
- Personal freedom and individuality is very important now. Partner’s try not to restrict each other’s movements. Parent’s it might be a tight line you walk now. Employer’s give your “worker’s” a little “slack”.
- Being organized might not be as easy now, so expect weird schedule’s and interrupted meetings…
- Changes may be in the air…
- Could be a good time for inventions… Perhaps keeping them to paper until after the 25 is advisable if the goal is for the invention to work.
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts. And too will those with strong Cancer or Leo placing in their charts.
- In the 5th house: Discipline could be in focus with children and pets. This could be a good time to give up gambling and to structure our lifestyle.
- Moon in Aquarius
- Sun in Aquarius
- Sun in Capricorn
- Moon in Capricorn
- Uranus in Aquarius
- Moon in the 4th house
- Moon in Cancer
- Any aspects to the Moon or the sun .
Full Moon in Aquarius July 31
- The Full Moon is traditionally the time when we finish up our projects and tasks, however this is best done on a Full Moon in the 4th (last) phase. July 31 full moon falls in the 2nd phase. Keep working on your projects and tasks, those that get done will be a bonus. 🙂 The full moon in Aquarius will amplify the effects noted above.
- Watch for being unreasonable to the point of silliness or rudeness
- Personal freedom is must for some of us… however, take care not to deliberately hurt another to get it.
- For those facing challenging personal relationship or job issues, this could be the time to break free of them, ask for help if you need it.
- Our causes may become more urgent, especially humanitarian ones.
- Time to make changes if you dare… 🙂 Uranus is retrograde right now, (Uranus rules Aquarius) This could be the perfect time for some folk to get out of a rut, do something new and exciting, even make a change of residence, job or view-point.
- Being stubborn has its good points, however, being stubborn because one feels like being different may cause no end of upset that wasn’t intended… choose your “battles” with care..
- Be ready for just about anything during this full moon, one never knows where Uranus may decide to go…
copyright: Greta McKenzie Astrology June 26 2015