The Moon and Astrology
How it affects our daily lives…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon is not fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: April 25 to April 27 2015
- Moon Sign: Leo at approx @ 9:13 am (ET) 6:13 am (PT)
- Moon Phase: 2nd
- Void-off-Course: April 27 10:12 am (ET) 7:12 am (PT) to 9:07 pm(ET) 6:07 pm (PT) Leo Moon v/c is not one of the 4 “good signs”
- House(s): 11th & 12th: 11th house of house of teams, groups and friends. 12th house of dreams, intuition and institutions.
- Opportunity Period: None
What does it all mean?
- The Leo Moon Loves Drama, so be warned…
- The Leo Moon loves to noticed and recognized, so be prepared to “pump up” your loved ones and if you happened to have a Leo influence in yourself, be aware of how you may be going about getting recognized or appreciated… If you play your cards right this could be a positive time when you get to be where you need to be.
- Try not to be overly “vain” and be prepared for drama at any-time from any direction
- Try not to over react and if it’s not you doing the over reacting, try not to get caught up in the drama, or to encourage the over reactor
- It’s a good time to check out the local talent, take in a down town show, get starry-eyed with your lover, or perhaps look for a new one, as romance is high on the priority ladder during this time.
- Might prove positive for hair cuts, make overs.
- The moon in the 10th house may make us more aware of our work, vocation or passion, be prepared to put your back into it, however, keep any drama or bossiness to a minimum if you want to get noticed in the work place in a positive way.
- In the 11th house: This is the house of friendly behaviors and team work. It could be a good time to get some group activities up and running, or perhaps it’s an opportune time for some of us to get involved with a team sport. Again.. be aware of Leo’s desire to be noticed, work well with your team mates and you will get the positive recognition you may be looking for.
- This moon period will affect everyone, but more so those who have the following in their charts: And those who have a strong Capricorn or Aquarius placement in their charts.
- Moon in Leo:
- Sun in Leo:
- Moon in the 12th house:
- Moon in 11th house:
- Aspects to the moon
- Moon in Capricorn
- Moon in Aquarius.