Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: May 4 @10.32am (ET) @7:32am (PT)
- Moon Sign: Scorpio
- Moon Phase: 2nd
- Void-of-Course: May 6 @10:38am(ET) @7:38am(PT)
- Opportunity Period: May 5th @10:51pm(PT) May 6th @2:12am(ET) to void of course on the 6th. “After the Eclipse, this emotional time can be a positive opportunity to sort out deep feelings” P.B.
What does it all mean?
- Scorpio is very intense and probably the most sensitive of the zodiac signs
- The moon relates to our emotions, indicating we could be feeling everything more deeply for the next couple of days
- We can immerse ourselves in our projects now.
- Watch for becoming obsessed with someone or something…. not everyone falls for someone at the same time and patience may be needed regarding sensitive relationship matters
- Be sure that your partner, friend, lover, co-worker or school friend is really trying to upset your personal apple cart before making waves
- We could be encouraged or directed towards taking risks or doing things we wouldn’t normally do, especially those of a group or team nature.
- It may be a fertile time for some
- Some of us may be highly creative right now, while others may feel a stronger connection to their psychic side…
- Secrets may be told now… we can be enticed to open up to others about our deepest feelings/fantasy’s…
- While we will all be effected slightly by the Scorpio moon, she will have a greater effect on those who have the following in their charts.. and those who have a strong Taurus placement in their charts.
- Moon in Scorpio
- Sun in Scorpio
- Ascendant in Scorpio
- Mid-heaven in Scorpio
- Moon in the 8th house
- Aspects to the Moon, Mars or Pluto
- Ascendant or Mid-heaven in Scorpio
- The Moon becomes full on Friday, May 5th @ 1:34 pm(ET) @10:34 am (PT). The full moon is an ideal time to tie up loose ends, finish up projects and end situations that are no longer helpful, or, which carry nothing but negative energy. Please note: a full moon in Scorpio can be volatile, passions are strong, feelings are deep… Stay Focused.
- We will experience an LUNAR ECLIPSE @11:13 am (EDT): For more information on this Lunar Eclipse, please click here 🙂
- Friday May 5th is “Cinco De Mayo” For more information on this Mexican Celebration please click HERE
- “May the 4th/force be with you”😉
The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… The moon stays with each sign for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as Opportunity Periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Paula Belluomini present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.