Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: January 24 @ 10:57 pm (ET) @ 7:57 pm (PT)
- Moon Sign: Scorpio
- Moon Phase: 3rd
- Void-off-Course: January 26 @9;28 pm (PT) January 27 @ 12:28 am to moon into Sagittarius on the 27th.
- Opportunity Period: January 26 @ 11:48 am (ET) @ 8:48 am (PT)to void of course moon. “Mercury is retrograde and it’s the last quarter moon, so use the productive time to review or edit your ongoing projects”, Paula Bellumini.
What does it all mean?
- Scorpio is very intense and one of the most sensitive of the zodiac signs
- The moon relates to our emotions, indicating we could be feeling everything more deeply for the next couple of days
- We can immerse ourselves in our projects now.
- Watch for, becoming obsessed with someone or something…. not everyone falls for someone at the same time and patience may be needed regarding sensitive relationship matters
- Be sure that your partner, friend, lover, co-worker or school friend is really trying to upset your personal apple cart before making waves
- We could be encouraged or directed towards taking risks or doing things we wouldn’t normally do, especially those of a group or team nature.
- Sex may be high on the agenda for some of us… so if you don’t want to help the world population grow right now use caution… 🙂
- Some of us may be highly creative while this influence is about, while others may become more connected to their psychic side…
- Secrets may be told now… we can be enticed to open up to others about our deepest feelings/fantasy’s… take care who you share your “secrets” with.
- While we will all be effected slightly by the Scorpio moon, she will have a greater effect on those who have the following in their charts.. and those who have a strong Taurus. placement in their charts.
- Moon in Scorpio
- Sun in Scorpio
- Moon in Taurus
- Moon in the 8th house
- Aspects to the Moon, the Sun or Plut0
Mercury enters Capricorn.
- Mercury enters the sign of Capricorn on January 25 @ 10:05 pm (ET) @ 7:05 pm (PT).
- Mercury is currently in retrograde motion. He rules over such things as technology, transportation and communications. When he is in retrograde motion, we can experience challenges, delays, setbacks and needed repairs.
- Mercury in Capricorn, may see us being more cautious in our approach to life, to our business, and towards our responsibilities.
- We may be slower to jump to conclusions as “gossip” isn’t what drives us right now, we want the facts.
- It’s time to get down to business, time to step up and take responsibility for our actions now and in the future. However, having a completely pessimistic or static outlook should be avoided. 😎
The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-of-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void of Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void of Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-of-Course moon…
Good for Void-Of-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as Opportunity Periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Paula Belluomini present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.