Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: January 10 @9:47 am (ET) 6:47 am (PT)
- Moon Sign: Taurus:
- Moon Phase: 2nd
- Void-of-Course: January 12 @ 2:39 pm (ET) @ 11:39 (PT) to moon into Gemini a few hours later: Moon in Taurus v/c is one of the 4 “good signs”.
Opportunity Period: January 11 @11:54 am(ET) @ 8:54 am(PT) to moon into Gemini on the 12th. “This productive OP is good for ambitious projects, but with Mercury moving slowly, concentrate on practical matters” Paula Belluomini
What does it all mean?
- Taurus needs emotional and material security, so we may find we are more interested in our financial affairs.
- This may prove to be a good time to make investments for the future or to begin plans for the next financially responsible phase.
- Taurus has lots of patience, indicating this could be a good time to deal with people/projects/situations that take up more time than is liked.
- Things that give us pleasure, such as comfort foods, wine, relaxing, good music and giving/receiving “loving’s” are all things we may enjoy right now
- Some of us may be feeling more frugal than usual, preferring to save our funds instead of spend them.
- Take your time when the moon is in this sign, there is no need to hurry, and you probably won’t get very far if you do… so sit back and enjoy the ride… 🙂
- Keep your temper under check if you can, Taurus is very, very patient and it takes a lot to make her angry, but watch out once she has had enough, she will certainly let you know..
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts. Those with strong Scorpio placements in their charts will also be affected.
- Moon in Taurus,
- Sun in Taurus,
- Venus in Taurus
- Sun in Scorpio
- Moon in Scorpio
- Any aspects to the Moon, Venus.
- Ascendant or Mid-heaven in Taurus
- Mercury enters “storm” Monday, January 10th.
- Treat the “storm” period as you would the retrograde.
- Best to continue with projects already in play, this is not the best time to begin anything new.. However, if you do have to, have patience and be prepared for some delays and set backs in play.
- Transportation back logs, car break downs or repairs are to be expected.
- Technology black outs, cell phone mishaps, computer slow downs and crashes are also to be expected.
- Mercury also rules communications, take care with you words, double check your emails before hitting the send button, and be prepared to redo some writings along the way. If you are a writer by trade or hobby, you could face few “blocked” days.
- Messages could get lot or be misinterpreted. It’s o.k. to ask someone to repeat themselves, and no question is a silly one. 🙂
- Delays in the mail/post, should also be expected.
The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-of-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void of Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void of Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-of-Course moon…
Good for Void-Of-Course Moon: These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Paula Belluomini present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Got a question? Email us HERE 🙂
copyright:Greta McKenzie Astrology 1/5/2022
Continue reading “The Moon and Astrology: How it affects our daily life…Transiting Moon in Taurus, Mercury Retrograde January 2022.”