- Date: August 2 @ 4:46 am (ET) @ 1:46 am (PT)
- Moon Sign: Gemini:
- Moon Phase: 4th
- Void-of-Course: August 4 @ 3:38 pm (ET) @ 12:38 pm (PT) to moon into Cancer later in the afternoon.
- Opportunity Period: August 3 @ 11:55 pm (PT) August 4 @ 2:55 am (ET) to moon void of course. A good time to finish up projects and connect with others.
What does it all mean?
- Gemini is an air sign and needs lots of stimuli. She is ruled by Mercury.
- The house connected to Gemini is the 3rd house of: day-to-day travel/affairs and siblings… we could find ourselves busy with multiple things going on, even if they are just in our own minds… 😉 Dealings with family, especially siblings, are likely.
- We may find we are trying to do multiple things at once, which may not go exactly as planned. If you do find you have tons of ideas spinning around in your head, take pen to paper and jot them down… it will ease the “inside chatter” and you may find some of them useful later on.
- Could be lots of chit chatting going on, and some of us may have to make a concerted effort to listen instead of chat.
- Caution is advised when doing up letters, emails and relaying messages, as much as we may think we have it right, it’s better to check one more time
- It’s a good time to get those lists and notes made up… we can feel good about putting pen to paper now.
- Boredom may be at our door step and we may feel more restless than usual.
- The next few days may be positive for: buying a vehicle, entertaining guests, hair cut (for less growth), join a club, send mail, and mow the lawn to retard growth.
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts.
- Sun in Gemini
- Moon in Gemini
- Mercury in Gemini
- Ascendant in Gemini
- Midheaven in Gemini
- Any aspects to the Sun, Moon, Mercury or Jupiter
- Those who have a strong Sagittarius influence in their chart
Got a Question? … 🙂
Send us an email to
The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-of-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void of Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void of Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-of-Course moon…
Good for Void-Of-Course Moon: These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Paula Belluomini present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods and dates.