Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: February 3 @ 6:29 am (ET) @3:29 am (PT)
- Moon Sign: Gemini
- Moon Phase: 2nd
- Void-of-Course: February 5 @9:20 am (ET) @ 6:20 am (PT)
- Opportunity Period: February 4 11:27 pm(PT) February 5 12:07 am (ET) to void of course moon.
What does it all mean?
- Gemini is an air sign and needs lots of stimuli. She is ruled by Mercury.
- The house connected to Gemini is the 3rd house of: day-to-day travel/affairs and siblings… we could find ourselves busy with multiple things going on, even if they are just in our own minds… 😉 Dealings with family, especially siblings, are likely.
- We may find we are trying to do multiple things at once, which may not go exactly as we had planned. If you do find you have tons of ideas spinning around in your head, take pen to paper and jot them down… it will ease the “inside chatter” and you may find some of them useful later on.
- Could be lots of chit chatting going on, and some of us may have to make a concerted effort to listen instead of chat.
- Caution is advised when doing up letters, emails and relaying messages, as much as we may think we have it right, it’s better to check one more time.
- It’s a good time to get those lists and notes made up… we can feel good about putting pen to paper now.
- Boredom may be at our door step and we may feel more restless than usual.
- The moon in Gemini may be a positive time for: entertaining guests, getting a hair cut to discourage growth, mowing the lawn to retard growth and sending out mail.
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts.
- Sun in Gemini
- Moon in Gemini
- Moon in the 3rd house (equal)
- Mercury in Gemini
- Ascendant in Gemini
- Midheaven in Gemini
- Any aspects to the Moon or Mercury
- Those who have a strong Scorpio or Sagittarius influence in their chart
- Mercury moves into Pisces on February 3 @ 6:37 am (ET) 3:37 am (PT)
- Mercury rules communications, technology and transportation
- Mercury rules Gemini and Virgo and is connected to the 3rd and 6th houses:
- Pisces is ruled by Neptune and connected to the 12th house.
- Our thinking may be kinder and we can be more compassonate towards those less fortunate then us… Some of us may be tempted to “rescue” stray animals and stray people.
- Some folks can be easily led under this influence, as they are apt to believe just about anything that is told to them…
- For others, it may be easier to tell half truths, or to decieve others and the self… Take care what you believe, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is…
- Water may find itself into odd places, so take care with water on or near communication and technology devices, such as phones and computers… Water may also find it’s way into boats and other modes of transportation, especially when Mercury goes retrograde in the next week or so…
Got a Question? … 🙂
Send us an email to
The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-of-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void of Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void of Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-of-Course moon…
Good for Void-Of-Course Moon: These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (Astrologer: Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.