- Astrological Event: Mars moves into Taurus
- Date: March 9 2017
- Time: 7:34 pm (ET) 4:34 pm (PT)
What does it mean?
Mars is the male planet, he is action and can be aggressive, he can be rash and selfish, but also work in heroic ways to help us move forward, speak up for ourselves and others and pushes us to experience new frontiers. He is the ruler of Aries and corresponds to the head, the blood and the muscles.
- Taurus is ruled by Venus (the opposite of Mars)
- Taurus is connected to the 2nd house of financial and material security.
- Time to put the brakes on for a while and slow down. Taurus doesn’t like to be rushed it only upsets her.
- Frustrations are likely for those who “demand” answers right away or expect results at the drop of a hat
- It’s a good time to talk about plans, but not always the best time to move ahead
- Some of us are going to be more stubborn about certain things… and won’t do anyone any good to try and get us to change our minds or our direction… advice is always appreciated though even if we don’t take it.
- It’ s not a time for quick action or for reaching goals quickly, however it is time to plod along slowly and deliberately, gathering information along the way, so in the end our results will be firm and long-lasting.
- Because Taurus rules the 2nd house and Aries (ruled by Mars) rules the 1st house, it’s possible that some folks may find this a good time to check out their personal finances and assess their material security (as in where they live and job prospects). We will want to take care of our needs, and while the welfare and comfort of family and friends will also be in our minds, self-care will be at the top on the list.
- Venus rules Taurus and is the most feminine of the planets, her main interests are money, beauty and an easy way with relationships (Venus turned retrograde March 4)… Taurus needs to feel comfortable and enjoys fine food and drink…
- Mars is the most male of the planets, his interests are action, heroism, his own needs first, and war… He rules Aries…
- With Mars being in Venus, some of us may experience frustrations regarding our personal relationships, especially if one partner wants to move quicker within the relationship then the other… Breakups may happen under this influence and while new relationships can happen now they will work out better if expectations are kept to a minimum.
- Take care regarding big purchases
- We may be more frugal with our spending under this influence
- Some folks may feel confused about their finances, spending now and wondering why the heck we bought something or spent so much one this influence has passed.
Got a Question?
Copyright: Greta McKenzie astrology: updated March 7 2017