The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-of-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void of Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void of Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-of-Course moon…
Good for Void-Of-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: January 19 to 21 2016
- Moon Sign: Gemini: 4:13 am (ET) 1:13 am (PT)
- Moon Phase: 2nd
- Void-of-Course: January 21 @ 3:01 am (ET) 12:01 am:(PT) to 8:28 am (ET) 5:28 am (PT)
- House(s) 8th house of, sex, shared money & mergers, matters psychotherapy, surgery, and how we deal with loss/death.
- Opportunity Period: January 20 @8:08 pm (ET) 5:08 pm (PT) to January 21 @3:01 am (ET) 12:01 am (PT).. For those who find working in the later hours this could prove to be a productive time period. 😉
What does it all mean?
- Gemini is an air sign and needs lots of stimuli. She is ruled by Mercury. Transiting Mercury is presently retrograde, in the sign of Capricorn; in the 4th house of domestic duties and family.
- The house connected to Gemini is the 3rd house of: day-to-day travel/affairs and siblings… we could find ourselves busy with multiple things going on, even if they are just in our own minds… 😉 Dealings with family, especially siblings, are likely. Memories are shared and possible solutions to old problems can be found. However, wait until after the Mercury Retrograde before putting any new ideas or plans into motion.
- We may find we are trying to do multiple things at once, which may not go exactly as we may have planned. If you do find you have tons of ideas spinning around in your head, take pen to paper and jot them down… it will ease the “inside chatter” and you may find some of them useful later on.
- Could be lots of chit chatting going on, and some of us may have to make a concerted effort to listen instead of chat.
- Caution is advised when doing up letters, emails and relaying messages, as much as we may think we have it right, it’s better to check one more time
- In the 8th house:
- Some folk may need some time to recuperate after surgery… hopefully the healing will be swift and complete. Dealings regarding our material security may be in focus.
- Could be a good time to check over insurance policies and finances.
- Those affected by this placing may be feeling more emotionally sensitive during this time. Patience may be required from those with Earth influences.
- It’s a good time to get those lists and notes made up… we can feel good about putting pen to paper now.
- Boredom may be at our door step and we may feel more restless than usual.
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts.
- Moon in Gemini,
- Sun in Gemini
- Sun in Virgo
- Moon in Sagittarius
- Moon in the 8th house
- Any aspects to the Moon, Mercury or Jupiter
Got a Question? … 🙂
Send us an email to