The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-of-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void of Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void of Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Of-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: November 25 to 27 2015
- Moon Sign: Gemini:12:15 pm (ET) 9:15 am (PT)
- Moon Phase: 2nd
- Void-of-Course: November 26 @ 10:35 pm (ET) 7:35 pm (PT) to November 27 2:27 pm (ET) 11:27 am (PT)
- House(s) 8th house of, sex, shared money & mergers, matters psychotherapy, surgery, and how we deal with loss/death.
- Opportunity Period: None:
What does it all mean?
- Gemini is an air sign and needs lots of stimuli. She is ruled by Mercury.
- We may find we are trying to do multiple things at once, which may not go exactly as we may have planned.
- Could be lots of chit chatting going on, and some of us may have to make a concerted effort to listen instead of chat.
- Caution is advised when doing up letters, emails and relaying messages, as much as we may think we have it right, it’s better to check one more time
- In the 8th house: Some folk may need some time to recuperate after surgery… hopefully the healing will be swift and complete. Dealings regarding our material security may be in focus. Could be a good time to check over insurance policies and finances. Those affected by this placing may be feeling more emotionally sensitive during this time. Patience may be required from those with Earth influences.
- It’s a good time to get those lists and notes made up… we can feel good about putting pen to paper now.
- Boredom may be at our door step and we may feel more restless than usual.
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts.
- Moon in Gemini,
- Sun in Gemini
- Sun in Virgo
- Moon in Sagittarius
- Moon in the 8th house
- Any aspects to the Moon, Mercury or Jupiter
Full Moon in Gemini November 25 2015:
- The influence’s listed above will be intensified under the Full Moon…
- Gemini, is one of the dual signs of the Zodiac, she is ruled by Mercury, the planet of thought, communication and technology. And seeing that the moon governs our emotions, it’s likely we will be thinking a lot about our emotional needs.
- Gemini is connected to the 3rd house of communications, siblings and day-to-day affairs.
- Some folks will be very restless under this Full Moon, keeping busy, especially the mind in a positive way will help to still the restlessness.
- Stay away from negative folk who try to involve you in their negative thought pattern
- Some folks may find they are doing lots of things at once, or they may feel they should be doing lots of things at once.. Only do what you can do, don’t get yourself in a pickle.. it’s o.k. not to be over achievers… 🙂