The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: September 27 to September 29 2015
- Moon Sign: Aries at 3:29 pm (ET) 12:29 pm (PT)
- Moon Phase: 2nd
- Void-off-Course: September 29 @ 3:45 am (ET) 12:45 am (PT) to 2:57 pm (ET) 11:57 am (PT). Moon v/c in Aries is not one of the 4 “good signs” Make sure you get all the facts before making any commitments..
- House(s): 6th & 7th: 6th House of service, health, duty. 7th house of relationships.
- Opportunity Period: September 28 @ 9:31 pm (ET) 6:31 pm (PT) to September 29 @ 3:45 am (ET) 12:45 am (PT). Good for night owls… 🙂
What does it all mean?
- Aries is action, he is the most masculine of the Zodiac signs as he is ruled by the planet Mars
- We should have slightly more get up and go when the moon is in Aries
- We are happy to defend our loved ones
- We are apt to speak up more, even those of us who consider themselves to be “timid” can find the voice they need right now.
- May be a good time to get your message across or to ask for what you need
- Be careful when driving especially when upset or angry
- We may be more susceptible to head injuries or head aches
- We could be eager to start projects now, however, we have just experienced a full moon, (time to finish up) so if you really want to start something now, choose something small… 🙂
- Be careful about while engaging in physical activities, we may feel stronger or more “heroic” at the moment but our bodies might not be in the same “zone” 🙂
- We may be more decisive than usual, as always use caution …
- Be careful about saying yes to everything right now, we might feel like we can handle more, but when the time comes we could be sorry we took on so much at once.
- Being healthy and feeling good so we can help others, or at the very least get our chores done may be on the agenda for the next few days.
- In the 6th house: Being of service to others may come easier than usual, some of us may actually enjoy it. work can be more fulfilling but take care not to take on too much at once. We may find time spent with our pets more relaxing. If you are feeling stressed, go out for a nice relaxing walk, it will ease your mind and it’s good for the body too.
- In the 7th house: The desire for harmony in our relationship is strong, so take care who you chose as your alliances, both in your personal and business world. Being in comfortable surroundings with soft lights and colors is an easy way to de-stress and chill out.
- Adults with a strong mars or Aries influence may be acting more like children than adults.
- Some of us could be more insensitive or appear more selfish to others.
- If you aren’t looking to enlarge your family right now, take care, Aries has a lot of sexual energy to utilize… 😉
- The Moon in Aries will have a slight effect on all of us, but it will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts: Along with those who have a strong Virgo or Libra placement in their charts
- Moon in Aries:
- Sun in Aries:
- Mars in Aries:
- Moon in the 6th or 7th house:
- Moon in Libra or Virgo
- Sun in Libra or Virgo
- Aspects between the Moon & Mars:
Full Moon in Aries September 27 2015
The full moon will enhance the influences of the moon in Aries. The moon is only a few degrees “Full” when she enters this sign, indicating we may also still feel some of the Pisces moon influences. When the moon is full, it is traditionally said to be the best time to finish up projects already in the making. This full moon falls in the 2nd moon phase, so while it’s still good to work on your projects now, don’t panic if you don’t get them finished… :). Those with fire influences in their charts, may feel impatient or less tolerant under this Full Moon,… practice patience, say less, rather then more, and you should be able to move through this period without too many hiccups… 🙂
Total Lunar Eclipse in Aries September 27 2015
When an Eclipse occurs it can signal an event(s) for some of us… any event/situation that occurs under the influence of an Eclipse will have a longer lasting effect, (up to a year). If the Eclipse occurs on your birthday, the influence will be personalized and stronger. It is therefore a good idea to remain positive and joyful under such an influence… with the intention that the coming year be filled with positive influences, good health, laughter and progress.
copyright: Greta McKenzie Astrology September 1 2015