The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: June 28 to July 1 2015
- Moon Sign: Sagittarius at 11:21 pm (ET) 8:21 pm (PT)
- Moon Phase: 2nd
- Void-off-Course: June 30 @ 2:18 pm (ET) 11:18 am (PT) to July 1 5:11 am (ET) 2:11 am (PT): Moon v/c in Sagittarius is one of the 4 void off course “good signs” (see above).
- House(s): 4th: 4th house of domestic chores and family.
- Opportunity Period:June 29 5:13 pm (ET) 2:13 pm (PT) to July 1 5:11 am (ET) 2:11 am (PT):Check over any notes/ideas made during the Mercury Retrograde period. Any notes made over the past little while should be gone over again, you may not be feeling the same way about all of them. It’s a good time get rid of the ideas you know aren’t going to work for you now.
What does it all mean?
- Sagittarius is the most “easy-going” of the fire signs and is ruled by Jupiter “the lucky planet”
- We are going to want our personal freedom now, so take care partners who have a possessive or jealous tendencies, they might not be tolerated for the next couple of days.
- Because Sagittarius is ruled by Jupiter “the lucky planet” we may be feeling luckier then usual… Just take care not to go over the budget… 🙂
- We could have more energy for fun things such as music, sports and shows
- It’s easier to try something new and exciting just take care not to get carried away.
- Could be a good time to take a few days for rest, relaxation and laughter
- Good time for day dreaming and making fantastic plans for the future.
- In the 4th house, focus is likely on the home and domestic chores. Our family life will be more important and we may be spending more time with our children.
- While this moon will have a slight effect on all of us… those with the following in their charts will feel it stronger as will those who have a strong Gemini or Cancer placement in their charts.
- Moon in Sagittarius
- Jupiter in Sagittarius
- Moon in the 9th house
- Ascendant in Sagittarius
- Mid-heaven in Sagittarius
- Moon in the 4th house
- Moon in Cancer
- Sun in Sagittarius
- Aspects to the Moon and Jupiter.
Full Moon in Capricorn:
- **Full Moon: July 1 5:11 am (ET) 2:11 am (PT)**
- The traits of the moon in Capricorn will be highlighted with the Full Moon.
- Traditionally the full moon is the best time to finish up projects already in motion, especially if the full moon falls in the 4th phase. However, this full moon falls in the 2nd moon phase and we may not be quite ready to finish up or disregard ideas/plans already begun.. keep on working on them for the next week or so.
- A perfect time to organize our work space
- We may be feeling more responsible then usual
- Watch out for being too serious
- Some of us may allow our practical side the “run of the house” if this is the case be aware of dealings with folk who are of a more sensitive or emotional nature.
- Focus may be on our career, changes happening in our career, or possible re organizing of our where we work.
- Focus may be on the elderly.
copyright: Greta McKenzie Astrology 06/03/2015