The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: June 1 to June 3 2015
- Moon Sign: Sagittarius at 2:39 pm (ET) 11:39 am (PT)
- Moon Phase: 2nd
- Void-off-Course: June 2/3 @ 1:59 am 06/03 (ET) 10:59 pm 06/02 (PT) to 8;50 pm (ET) 5:50 pm (PT) 06/03: Moon v/c in Sagittarius is one of the 4 void off course “good signs” (see above).
- House(s): 2 & 3rd: 2nd house of finances, material security. 3rd house of communication, short journeys, day-to-day affairs and siblings.
- Opportunity Period:June 2 @6:32 pm (ET) @ 3:32 pm (PT) to June 3 @ 8;50 pm (ET) 5:50 pm (PT): Good for creative work and new ideas.
- **Full Moon: June 2**
What does it all mean?
- Sagittarius is the most “easy-going” of the fire signs and is ruled by Jupiter “the lucky planet”
- We are going to want our personal freedom now, so take care partners who have a possessive or jealous tendencies, they might not be tolerated for the next couple of days.
- Because Sagittarius is ruled by Jupiter “the lucky planet” we may be feeling luckier then usual… Just take care not to go over the budget… 🙂
- We could have more energy for fun things such as music, sports and shows
- It’s easier to try something new and exciting just take care not to get carried away.
- Could be a good time to take a few days for rest, relaxation and laughter
- Good time for day dreaming and making fantastic plans for the future.
- In the 2nd house, this could prove to be a profitable time for some. For others, they may finally find that sense of material security they have been working so hard towards. Good financial ideas and decisions may be possible now.
- In the 3rd house: Our focus may turn to our day-to-day activities, perhaps we will feel its time to sign up for a new exercise program or study class, as long as it’s fun of course. Siblings may be in the picture for the next couple of days. Catch up on emails and phone calls.
- While this moon will have a slight effect on all of us… those with the following in their charts will feel it stronger as will those who have a strong Gemini or Cancer placement in their charts.
- Moon in Sagittarius
- Jupiter in Sagittarius
- Moon in 2nd house
- Moon in Taurus
- Moon in 3rd house
- Moon in the 9th house
- Sun in Sagittarius
- Aspects to the Moon and Jupiter.
When the moon transiting moon becomes full while in the sign of Sagittarius:
- All of the above characteristics of a Sagittarius moon will be highlighted when the moon is full.
- It may seem like a very good idea to make some risky investments, however, it’s better to take a deep breath and allowing yourself some time to do the research before jumping into anything too quickly.
- Take advantage of the good feeling that comes with this full moon, get out and about with friends, enjoying some laughter and fun times.
- Get out into nature, enjoy the outdoors and appreciate the sheer beauty of it all.
- Try something new, pick up a book on something you have always been curious about. Take a class, join in a group discussion.
- Plan or take a trip and treat it like a fabulous adventure.
- Having fun and enjoying lots of laughter is the key to this full, watch out for excess though as it easy to enjoy a little too much… 🙂
copyright: Greta McKenzie Astrology 06/02/2015