The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: May 16 to May 18 2015
- Moon Sign: Taurus: 3:02 am (ET) 12:02 am(PT)
- Moon Phase:4th
- Void-off-Course: May 18 2015 @ 12:13 am (ET) May 17 9:13 pm(PT) to May 18 2015 @ 5:27 am (ET) 2:27 am (PT): Moon in Taurus v/c is one of the 4 “good signs”
- House(s):8th & 9th: 8th house of shared money matters, official financial dealings and desires. 9th house of travel & knowledge.
- Opportunity Period: A brief period on May 17 11:45 pm to May 18 12:30 am (ET): May 17 8:45 pm to 9:30 pm (PT)
What does it all mean?
- Taurus needs emotional and material security, so we may find we are more interested in our financial affairs.
- This may prove to be a good time to make investments for the future or to begin plans for the next financially responsible phase.
- Taurus has lots of patience, indicating this could be a good time to deal with people/projects/situations that take up more time than is liked.
- Things that give us pleasure, such as comfort foods, wine, relaxing, good music and giving/receiving “loving’s” are all things we may enjoy right now
- Some of us may be feeling more frugal than usual, preferring to save our funds instead of spend it.
- Take your time when the moon is in this sign, there is no need to hurry, and you probably won’t get very far if you do… so sit back and enjoy the ride… 🙂
- In the 8th house: Taxes, insurance and estate planning may be in the works, and some may benefit from an inheritance under this moon. Our emotions are intense now, but it’s best to hold them down if we can, as we may jump to conclusions or assume things we shouldn’t. We could also be prompted to share our deepest secrets, be sure you are sharing the right ones with the right people. This is a good time for folk who have been wanting to make positive changes, if you are feeling stronger on every level you are encouraged to go for the change.
- In the 9th house: It’s a good time to learn something new, by talking with others, books or through the internet. News from old friends or distant in-laws could be in the offing.
- Keep your temper under check if you can, Taurus is very, very patient and it takes a lot to make her angry, but watch out once she has had enough, she will certainly let you know..
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts. Those with strong Libra and Scorpio placements in their charts will also be effected.
- Moon in Taurus,
- Sun in Taurus,
- Venus in Taurus
- Sun in Libra
- Moon in Libra
- Venus in Taurus
- Moon in 8th or 9th house.
- Any aspects to the Moon or Venus.
The New Moon in Taurus:
- Try not to expect things to get done in a hurry over the next few days.
- Patience is the word of the day, so sit back and enjoy the fabulous beauty of nature, relax and soak up the good stuff. For those with fire in their charts this could be a challenging few days, and you are encouraged to find something fun to do to work off any excess energy.
- This can be a good influence under which to get our finances in order, especially if we are willing to take our time understanding our option.
- Don’t be rushed into making financial or investment decisions.
- The New moon is traditionally thought of as the best time to begin anything new. The moon renews in Taurus on Sunday (Pacific) and Monday (Eastern), moving out of the 4th quarter and into the 1st on Sunday Tuesday the 19th. It is suggested we wait until Tuesday to begin anything new.
copyright:Greta McKenzie Astrology 04/27/2015