The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-of-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void of Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void of Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-of-Course moon…
Good for Void-Of-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: April 7/8 2016
- Moon Sign: Taurus: April 8 @ 2:10 am (ET): April 7 @ 11:10 pm (PT):
- Moon Phase: 4th: The New Moon occurs on April 7 in the sign of Mars. Moves into the 1st phase on April 8th
- Void-of-Course: April 9 @5:49 am (ET) 2:49 am (PT) to April 10 @ 1:59 am (ET): April 9 @ 10:59 pm (PT): Moon in Taurus v/c is one of the 4 “good signs”
- House(s): 8th: 8th house of mergers, insurance, surgeries, death, crisis.
- Opportunity Period: None
What does it all mean?
- Taurus needs emotional and material security, so we may find we are more interested in our financial affairs.
- This may prove to be a good time to make investments for the future or to begin plans for the next financially responsible phase.
- Taurus has lots of patience, indicating this could be a good time to deal with people/projects/situations that take up more time than is liked.
- Things that give us pleasure, such as comfort foods, wine, relaxing, good music and giving/receiving “loving’s” are all things we may enjoy right now
- Some of us may be feeling more frugal than usual, preferring to save our funds instead of spend them.
- Take your time when the moon is in this sign, there is no need to hurry, and you probably won’t get very far if you do… so sit back and enjoy the ride… 🙂
- In the 8th house: This can be a good time to go over insurance policy’s, check our investments, review our state of mind, what’s important… Some folk may find they are ending a relationship, or thinking about it… Death of a loved one, the loss of a job, the “death” of a business or business idea are all possible during the next couple of days… Surgery should go well for those who need it now.
- For some folks 7th house issues may be on the agenda… these will relate to relationships and partnerships.
- Keep your temper under check if you can, Taurus is very, very patient and it takes a lot to make her angry, but watch out once she has had enough, she will certainly let you know..
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts. Those with strong Libra placements in their charts will also be effected.
- Moon in Taurus,
- Sun in Taurus,
- Venus in Taurus
- Sun in Libra
- Moon in Libra
- Venus in Taurus
- Moon in the 2nd house
- Moon in the 8th house
- Any aspects to the Moon, Venus.
- Ascendant or Mid-heaven in Taurus
The New Moon happens in Aries on April 7th in the 4th phase... The new moon is considered the best time to begin new things, projects, studies and relationships.. Wait until April the 8th to begin anything though, as the moon will then be moving into the 1st phase. 7th and 8th house issues will be in focus, these will be relationships, partnerships, money issues such as long-term investments (includes buying a home) and insurance policies.
Got a question? Email us HERE 🙂
copyright:Greta McKenzie Astrology April/5/2016
Copyright : iimages
SGC Admin: 🙂 Our favorite Canadian Band, Blue Rodeo is heading across the pond to play an acoustic event in Dublin, Ireland…This is sure to be an absolutely fabulous event… check it out if you can… 🙂
SGC Admin: New Moon in Aries … lots of information in this post… thanks HelenEdey Brisbane
New moon happening in Aries 7 Apr 2016 @9:24:24 pm(aest) 18 Aries 04 degrees. Sun, Moon, Venus, Uranus all in Aries, Saturn and Mars in Sag, fire energy.
Aries, the individual, are you really being yourself?
When you set your intention make sure you put a lot of that essences into it!
For many years now you have been pushed and pulled, for change, either you are making the changes for yourself or the cosmos is giving you a helping hand, well, it’s always helping you out, thanks to Pluto square Uranus, Saturn in Scorpio and many other planetary lineups, you, have had to, let go, face up to shit, get real and honest with your life.
Another year and layer of your story, depending on your birth chart it’s happening in all kind of ways, but it’s happening. The point and this is a universal point that a change…
View original post 704 more words
March 20 2016 is International Astrology Day….. Have a blast Astrologers and all those who love the art…. 🙂
March 19 (Pacific Time) March 20 (Eastern Time): is also the Spring Equinox or the FIRST DAY OF SPRING… 🙂 we can look forward towards warmer temperatures and hopefully wonderful sunshine..
March winds bring April showers, April showers brings May flowers…
sometimes those March winds can surely blow, hold on to your hats 🙂
March 19 (Pacific Time) March 20 (Eastern Time): is traditionally known as Ostara in the Pagan and Wiccan belief systems… so happy day to you guys…
Please view the following information on Ostara from About.comPaganism / Wicca
The word Ostara is just one of the names applied to the celebration of the spring equinox on March 21. The Venerable Bede said the origin of the word is actually from Eostre, a Germanic goddess of spring. Of course, it’s also the same time as the Christian Easter (Unless Easter falls in April as it does this year) celebration, and in the Jewish faith, Passover (This year begins at sundown April 14 2014) takes place as well. For early Pagans in the Germanic countries, this was a time to celebrate planting and the new crop season. Typically, the Celtic peoples did not celebrate Ostara as a holiday, although they were in tune with the changing of the seasons.
A New Day Begins:A dynasty of Persian kings known as the Achaemenians celebrated the spring equinox with the festival of No Ruz — which means “new day.” It is a celebration of hope and renewal still observed today in many Persian countries, and has its roots in Zoroastrianism. In Iran, a festival called Chahar-Shanbeh Suri takes place right before No Ruz begins, and people purify their homes and leap over fires to welcome the 13-day celebration of No Ruz.
Mad as a March Hare:
Spring equinox is a time for fertility and sowing seeds, and so nature’s fertility goes a little crazy. In medieval societies in Europe, the March hare was viewed as a major fertility symbol — this is a species of rabbit that is nocturnal most of the year, but in March when mating season begins, there are bunnies everywhere all day long. The female of the species is super-fecund and can conceive a second litter while still pregnant with a first. As if that wasn’t enough, the males tend to get frustrated when rebuffed by their mates, and bounce around erratically when discouraged. (Perhaps this is where the symbol of the bunny comes from in our Easter celebrations… ) 🙂
This cute stick incense burner puts me in mind of fairies… 🙂 $12:00 shipped within Canada 🙂 If you can pick it up you save $4:00…
gem/mushroom stick incense burner:
- With Shippingin Canada $12:00
- You may also purchase this lovely burner for $8:00 cash by arranging to meet with us for pick up.
- If you wish to pay via pay pal while still picking this item up, please send us an email.
- Please email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org request pick up (Whitby Mall or Oshawa Center) and/or to request a Paypal invoice… 🙂
This item is from our previous store stock: It is not a made in Canada/USA product.