The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: April 3 2015 to April 5 2015
- Moon Sign: Libra at approx 3:07 am (ET) 12:07 am (PT)
- Moon Phase: 2nd: Moves into the 3rd quarter on April 5: Full Moon is April 4
- Void-off-Course: April 4 @ 11:59am (ET|) 8:59 am(PT) to April 5 @ 3:04 pm (ET) 12:04 pm (PT) Moon v/c in Libra is not one of the 4 void off course “good signs” (see above).
- House: 1st: (Equal) The house of the self and possible new endeavors
- Opportunity Period: None
What does it all mean?
- Libra has a need for balance, indicating this moon period may be an ideal time to implement some into our daily lives.
- A desire for justice may be present, dealing with issues that have upset our sense of justice may prove to be productive.
- Diplomacy is likely to be more apparent during the next few days, and may be a good time to bring up that topic you have been putting on the back burner.
- Hesitation is probably going to raise its head, we may see many sides of a story and find it difficult to make up our minds.
- Difficulty in making commitments or long-term decisions, because we can’t make up our minds. If this is the case perhaps wait a few days until the moon has moved out of Libra.
- Libra is happiest when in a relationship or partnership.
- Libra can be tactful, diplomatic and co-operative. Yet when she visits with the 1st house she may appear to be selfish or less than sensitive to the needs/feelings of others. For those with Libra traits, be aware of your emotional responses for the next few days. For the rest of us, being understanding can help potentially sensitive situations run smoother.
- The moon is in the 2nd quarter, dealing with things already set in motion. With the moon sitting in the 1st house, we may be able to introduce a new idea connected to ongoing situation.
- This moon sign will affect us all but will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts.
- Moon in Libra,
- Sun in Libra,
- Venus in Libra
- Venus in Aries
- Moon in 7th house,
- Moon in the 1st house
- Any aspects to the Moon
The Full Moon in Libra on April 4 2015:
Focus is likely to be on relationships, making our surroundings beautiful. We may have to watch the budget as we are prompted to shop for the home, or visit places of beauty and inspiration. Traditionally the full moon relates to endings, things coming to fruition and or completion. Because Libra deals in relationships, and because up until April the 6th the moon is in the 1st house, some folk might be emotionally fragile right now when it comes to personal relationships. Baby steps and patience is recommended along with open, honest and compassionate communication regarding romantic “hiccups” which may occur over the next couple of days.
Lunar Eclipse April 4 2015:
When an eclipse happens it strengthens the influences, and will impact the house(s) involved on a deeper or longer lasting level. It is important that those who’s lives are affected more than usual during the Lunar Full Moon Eclipse take care when making commitments or decisions, keeping in mind the actions taken now may be have a lasting effect for the next 12 months. As the transiting moon is in Libra during this Lunar Eclipse, relationship issues and long-term decisions relating to such will likely be in focus.