The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: Februray 24 to February 27 2015
- Moon Sign: Gemini: 11:54 pm (ET) 8:54 pm (PT)
- Moon Phase: 1st
- Void-off-Course: February 26 @ 3:43 am (ET) 12:43 am (PT) to February 27 7:05 am (PT) 4:50 am (ET)
- House(s) 8th & 9th: House of secrets, research, death, regeneration, shared money matters and mergers: 9th house of higher knowledge and travel.
- Opportunity Period: Yes: February 25 1:07 pm (ET) 10:07 am (PT) to February 26 3:42 am (ET) 12:42 (PT). Good for charitable work and for being nice all round. If you are of an artistic bent, this can be a good time to get into your “grove”
What does it all mean?
- Gemini is an air sign and needs lots of stimuli. She is ruled by Mercury.
- We may find we are trying to do multiple things at once, which may not go exactly as we may have planned.
- Could be lots of chit chatting going on, and some of us may have to make a concerted effort to listen instead of chat.
- Caution is advised when doing up letters, emails and relaying messages, as much as we may think we have it right, it’s better to check one more time
- In the 8th house: Watch out for being possessive or jealous when dealing with personal relationships. Our emotions can be more intense now indicating we may feel more than is really going on. Use any excess energy for sorting through items you no longer need, set up your donation pile and your garbage pile and set to it… 🙂
- In the 9th house: This can be a good time to finish up a study session, or to begin a new one. We want to expand our minds now, so go ahead, but take care not to carried away. Travel may beckon us, go if you can, if not check out a fabulous travel show on t.v. Routines may get a shake up, those of us who need a routine to stay focused could be feeling emotionally out of sorts for the next couple of days.
- It’s a good time to get those lists and notes made up… we can feel good about putting pen to paper now.
- Boredom may be at our door step and we may feel more restless than usual.
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts.
- Moon in Gemini,
- Sun in Gemini
- Moon in the 8th or 9th house
- Any aspects to the Moon or Mercury