Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: April 29 @8:19pm (ET) @ 5:19 pm (PT)
- Moon Sign: Taurus:
- Moon Phase: 4th moves into the 1st on Sunday May 1st
- Void-of-Course: May 2nd @ 6:13 am(ET) @ 3:13 am(PT) to moon into Gemini a short time later : Moon in Taurus v/c is one of the 4 “good signs”
- Opportunity Period: May 1st @8:04pm (ET) @5:04pm (PT) to void of course moon on the 2nd. “The path is clear during this great OP suitable for anything, from the arts to romance. ” PB.
What does this mean?
- Taurus needs emotional and material security, so we may find we are more interested in our financial affairs.
- This may prove to be a good time to make investments for the future or to begin plans for the next financially responsible phase.
- Taurus has lots of patience, indicating this could be a good time to deal with people/projects/situations that take up more time than is liked.
- This could be a tricky position for some of us… please keep in mind that our partners (personal and business) are not our possessions… we must remind ourselves to give them their “personal space” just as they allow us ours… 🙂
- For some of us, this influence may guide or push us to make some serious, long-lasting changes where our residential situations are concerned… Where we live and who we allow to share that very personal space with us is important…
- Take care when making choices regarding, residential moves and financial investments… our emotions are tied up in our investments…
- While the moon in Taurus will affect all of us, those with the following may feel the effects a little more. Those who have strong Scorpio in their charts will experience a lessor effect.
- Sun in Taurus,
- Venus in Taurus
- Moon in Libra
- Any aspects to the Moon, Venus.
- Ascendant or Mid-heaven in Taurus
- Moon in the 2nd house
- The New Moon happens on April 30th @ 4:28 pm(ET) @ 1:28 pm(PT)
- During the new moon, it is said to be the perfect time to begin new projects, romances, jobs, new homes, look for a home etc…
- With a New Moon in Taurus, matters of finance and material/emotional security will be on the agenda.
- A New Moon meditation, or list burning, can help us to feel more connected to the moon, our emotions and our needs, we can, if we try hard, find some direction for the future during the new moon.
- “List Burning” Write up a list of all the new things, people, situations, finances, job offers, domestic solutions etc, that you would like to bring into your life during this new moon month and then as close to the New Moon time as you can make it, burn that list asking the “Universe” to please take note of your needs and concerns.
- Sometimes, actually starting something new isn’t possible, however, making plans, putting pen to paper can have a positive effect and help the final outcome, when physical change is possible.
- A Partial Solar Eclipse happens on April 30th at 4:45 pm, and will be visible in South America until Sundown.
- Beltane and May Day Occur on May 1st: Time to get the May Pole Out. Padstow in the United Kingdom enjoys fabulous celebrations of this day.
- Ramadan Ends on May 1st
Got a question? Email us HERE 🙂
The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-of-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void of Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void of Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-of-Course moon…
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Paula Belluomini present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods and dates/times.