Present Moon Sign/Phase/House
- Date: May 4@7:05 pm(ET) @4:05 pm (PT)
- Moon Sign: Cancer
- Moon Phase: 1st
- Void-of-Course: May 7th @6:26 am (ET) @3:26 am (PT) to moon into Leo.
- Opportunity Period: May 4th @9:57 pm (PT) May 5th @12:57 am (ET). “Highly creative time, that is perfect for brainstorming innovative ideas and making them happen.”
What does it all mean?
- The moon is happy in the sign of Cancer, This is the sign that the moon rules.
- Being sympathetic towards the worries of others is easier, we may be more empathetic now.
- We can be more nurturing when there is a cancer moon
- Domestic chores and responsibilities may be easier to do, in fact some of us may be very happy pottering about the house and garden, getting everything ship shape. 😊
- Cooking may be another domestic activity we find enjoyable, so go ahead and try out that new recipe🍲
- The more emotionally sensitive of us, may take offense or feel slighted or more vulnerable during the Cancer moon… Caution is advised though, check your facts before you “accuse”.
- Some of us may feel needy, while others are happy to be the needed. However, caution is advised not to go over board on the needy thing during this moon period.
- It’s a time for cuddles, caring and good food😊 Enjoy..
- This may also be a good time to do some tidy up and mini reno’s on the house. However, leave the expert jobs to the experts.
- The next few days may be handy for: Beauty treatments, Brewing beer, Buying antiques, Buying for speculation, Canning foods, Collecting on debts, Hair cut (for growth) and planting bulbs from seeds.
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts.
- Moon in Cancer: (these folk really feel the influence of the moon, emotions may be close to the surface).
- Ascendant in Cancer:
- Sun in Cancer
- Moon in the 1st house or the 4th house
- Aspects to the Moon
- To a lessor extent, those who have personal planets in Capricorn
The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-of-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void of Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void of Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-of-Course moon…
Good for Void-Of-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as Opportunity Periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods. thanks to Paula Belluomini astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods and dates.