Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: August 29 @12:42 pm (ET) @9:42 am (PT)
- Moon Sign: Gemini:
- Moon Phase: 3rd
- Void-of-Course: August 31 @4:48 pm (ET) @ 1:48 pm (PT) to moon into Cancer later that night or early am on the 1st.
- Opportunity Period: August 31 @ 9:41 am (ET) @ 6:41 am (PT) to void of course moon. Wait 2 hours if possible after op time begins for better clarity. Good for making connections with people and things.
What does it all mean?
- Gemini is an air sign and needs lots of stimuli. She is ruled by Mercury.
- The house connected to Gemini is the 3rd house of: day-to-day travel/affairs and siblings… we could find ourselves busy with multiple things going on, even if they are just in our own minds…
- Dealings with family, especially siblings, may happen. Memories are shared and possible solutions to old problems can be found.
- We may find we are trying to do multiple things at once, which may not go exactly as we may have planned. If you do find you have tons of ideas spinning around in your head, take pen to paper and jot them down… it will ease the “inside chatter” and you may find some of them useful later on.
- Could be lots of chit chatting going on, and some of us may have to make a concerted effort to listen instead of chat.
- Caution is advised when doing up letters, emails and relaying messages, as much as we may think we have it right, it’s better to check one more time
- A new study could be on the cards for some of us.. and it will likely be approached with enthusiasm.
- It’s a good time to get those lists and notes made up… we can feel good about putting pen to paper now.
- Boredom may be at our door step and we may feel more restless than usual.
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts.
- Sun in Gemini
- Moon in Gemini
- Moon in the 3rd house
- Moon or Sun in Sagittarius
- Any aspects to the Moon or Jupiter
Mercury, the planet of communication, technology and transportation moves into the sign of Libra on Sunday August 29th/30th 08/29 @ 10:10 pm (PT) 08/30 @1:10 am (ET) until early November. . Diplomacy is what it’s all about with this combination, we are more likely to discuss our situations in a calm manner. Some folks may be more inclined to sit on the fence regarding a situation rather than take a stand, which is fine, however, sometimes decisions must be made. Co-operation is possible, because both sides of the “story” can be seen, but this may also cause stagnation when no one wants to be the “bad guy”. It’s easier to stay in a negative relationship during this transit, so those of you who have a tendency to “give in” to keep the peace” be extra kind to yourselves for the next couple of months.
Got a Question? … 🙂
Send us an email to
The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-of-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void of Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void of Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-of-Course moon…
Good for Void-Of-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Paula Belluomini present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods, dates and times.