Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: February 16 @ 10:12 pm (ET) @ 7:12 pm (PT)
- Moon Sign: Taurus:
- Moon Phase: 1st:
- Void-of-Course: February 18 @ 11:28 pm (PT) February 19 @2:28 am (ET) to moon into Gemini on the morning of the 19th.
- Opportunity Period: February 18 @ 7:49 pm (ET) @ 4:48 pm (PT) until the moon enters Gemini. Good for finishing up practical project.
What does it all mean?
- Taurus needs emotional and material security, so we may find we are more interested in our financial affairs.
- This may prove to be a good time to make investments for the future or to begin plans for the next financially responsible phase.
- Taurus has lots of patience, indicating this could be a good time to deal with people/projects/situations that take up more time than is liked.
- Things that give us pleasure, such as comfort foods, wine, relaxing, good music and giving/receiving “loving’s” are all things we may enjoy right now
- Some of us may be feeling more frugal than usual, preferring to save our funds instead of spend them.
- Take your time when the moon is in this sign, there is no need to hurry, and you probably won’t get very far if you do… so sit back and enjoy the ride… 🙂
- Keep your temper under check if you can, Taurus is very, very patient and it takes a lot to make her angry, but watch out once she has had enough, she will certainly let you know..
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts. Those with strong Scorpio placements in their charts will also be effected.
- Moon in Taurus,
- Sun in Taurus,
- Venus in Taurus
- Sun in Scorpio
- Moon in Scorpio
- Moon in the 2nd house
- Any aspects to the Moon, Venus.
- Ascendant or Mid-heaven in Taurus
- Notes: Mardi Gras or “Fat Tuesday” occurs on Tuesday February the 16th… Happy Pancake Day Everyone... 🙂 “Pancake day” is a precursor to Ash Wednesday.
- Ash Wednesday occurs on the 17th, and is the traditional beginning of “LENT” A Christian tradition, where believers give up something for 40 days, (food, fun etc). It is a “sacrifice” of sorts to acknowledge the sacrifice of Jesus. The end of 40 days marks the beginning of the Christian holiday of Easter.
The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-of-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void of Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void of Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-of-Course moon…
Good for Void-Of-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Credits: Thanks to Paula Belluomini (Opportunity Periods) along with Michelle Perrin and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for dates presented here.
Got a question? Email us HERE 🙂
© Greta McKenzie Astrology 01/30/2021