- Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: January 17 @ 11:07 pm (PT) January 18 @ 2:07 am
- Moon Sign: Aries
- Moon Phase: 1st
- Void-off-Course: January 20 @ 3:29 am (ET) @ 12:29 am (PT) to moon into Taurus at lunch time: Moon v/c in Aries is not one of the 4 “good signs” Make sure you get all the facts before making any commitments..
- Opportunity Period: None
What does it all mean?
- Aries is action, he is the most masculine of the Zodiac signs as he is ruled by the planet Mars
- We should have slightly more get up and go when the moon is in Aries
- We are happy to defend our loved ones
- We are apt to speak up more, even those of us who consider themselves to be “timid” can find the voice they need right now.
- May be a good time to get your message across or to ask for what you need
- Be careful when driving especially when upset or angry
- We may be more susceptible to head injuries or head aches
- Be careful about while engaging in physical activities, we may feel stronger or more “heroic” at the moment but our bodies might not be in the same “zone” 🙂
- We may be more decisive than usual, as always use caution …
- Be careful about saying yes to everything right now, we might feel like we can handle more, but when the time comes we could be sorry we took on so much at once.
- Being healthy and feeling good so we can help others, or at the very least get our chores done may be on the agenda for the next few days.
- Adults with a strong mars or Aries influence may be acting more like children.
- Some of us could be more insensitive or appear more selfish to others. And others may be feeling overly sensitive… if you are in a relationship, try not to say too much or get into a discussion re: sensitive emotional issues, unless you are sure you are both on the “same page”.
- This moon may be positive for: Buying for speculation, collection on debts, Hair cut (for less hair growth) and starting a diet
- If you aren’t looking to enlarge your family right now, take care, Aries has a lot of sexual energy to utilize… 😉
- The Moon in Aries will have a slight effect on all of us, but it will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts: Along with those who have a strong Libra placement in their charts
- Moon in Aries:
- Sun in Aries:
- Ascendant or Midheaven in Aries:
- Mars in Aries:
- Moon in the 1st house
- Aspects to the Moon or Mars :
***NOTES*** Martin Luther King Jr. Day is on January 18th. We celebrate all who fight for justice and fairness.
**NOTE 2**: The Sun Enters the sign of Aquarius on Tuesday January 19th @ 3:40 pm (ET) @ 12:40 pm (PT): Currently, Mercury, Jupiter and Saturn are all in the sign of Aquarius, making the Aquarius energy stronger… Changes in the fields of transportation, technology and communications are likely… Most changes are likely to be sudden or “way off the wall” … 🙂 Aquarius is interested in transportation, technology and communications… he is by heart a humanitarian, and while he is concerned about the well fair of others, he does like his independence and freedom… 🙂
Happy Birthday Aquarius folks… special wishes go out to Glenn M. Samantha M. and Zsuzanna 🙂
The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Paula Belluomini):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.