The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-of-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void of Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void of Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-of-Course moon…
Good for Void-Of-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: December 9 to 11 2015
- Moon Sign: Sagittarius at 5:25 pm (ET) 2:25 pm (PT)
- Moon Phase: 4th
- Void-off-Course: December 11 @ 11:06 am (ET) 8:06 am (PT) to December 12 @ 1:46 am (ET) December 11 @ 10:46 pm (PT): Moon v/c in Sagittarius is one of the 4 void off course “good signs” (see above).
- The New Moon begins on December 11th
- House(s): 2nd: 2nd house of financial and material security.
- Opportunity Period: None
What does it all mean?
- Sagittarius is the most “easy-going” of the fire signs and is ruled by Jupiter “the lucky planet”
- We are going to want our personal freedom now, so take care partners who have a possessive or jealous tendencies, they might not be tolerated for the next couple of days.
- Because Sagittarius is ruled by Jupiter “the lucky planet” we may be feeling luckier then usual… Just take care not to go over the budget… 🙂
- We could have more energy for fun things such as music, sports and shows
- It’s easier to try something new and exciting just take care not to get carried away.
- Could be a good time to take a few days for rest, relaxation and laughter
- Good time for day dreaming and making fantastic plans for the future.
- In the 2nd house, focus is likely our finances, some of us may even get luck in this area… for others, they may be more generous than they should be… Because this house also relates to our material security, we may also be looking at buying a house or moving to a foreign land..
- While this moon will have a slight effect on all of us… those with the following in their charts will feel it stronger as will those who have a strong Gemini or Cancer placement in their charts.
- Moon in Sagittarius
- Jupiter in Sagittarius
- Moon in the 9th house
- Ascendant in Sagittarius
- Mid-heaven in Sagittarius
- Moon in the 2nd house
- Sun in Sagittarius
- Aspects to the Moon and Jupiter.
The New Moon is on December 11th in the sign of Sagittarius. Traditionally, when the moon renews herself it is a sign for us to begin something new.. Projects and sometimes relationships including partnerships can have a positive outcome if they are put into “action” under a New Moon… However, the best results occur when the beginning is begun when the moon is in her 1st phase. As the moon becomes new this month she does so while still in the 4th phase… it is best then to wait until the 12th of December to begin anything new.. as this is when she will be fully into the 1st phase… she will have the influence of Sagittarius and Capricorn as the moon moves into Capricorn on late on the 11th for those in the pacific time zone and early on the 12th for those in the eastern time zone.
A new moon in Sagittarius/Capricorn will have the traits listed above for Sagittarius, but they will be intensified or stronger… Please see our next post for the traits of the moon in Capricorn.
If you are the traveling type, beginning your new journey on udner a new moon (or 1st phase) can have a postive out come. As Sagittarius loves to travel and explore and learn new things… so beginning a class under this new moon can also go well… For the Capricorn influence, getting down to business and being focused on the goal at hand, whether it is leanring a new skill for fun or work can also go well under this new moon.
copyright: Greta McKenzie Astrology 11/27/2015