The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: March 20 to March 22 2015
- Moon Sign: Aries at 6:28 am (ET) 3:28 am (PT)
- Moon Phase: 4th moves into the 1st by March 21
- Void-off-Course: March 21 @ 6:21 pm (ET) 3:21 pm (PT) to March 22 @ 6:40 am (ET) 3:40 am (PT): Moon v/c in Aries is not one of the 4 “good signs” Make sure you get all the facts before making any commitments..
- House(s): 6th & 7th: 6th House of service, health, duty. 7th house of relationships.
- Opportunity Period: None
**Note** The New Moon happens in Aries on March 20 2015. The influence of the Aries moon will be stronger. Take extra care when driving, and those who suffers from headaches may need to stay away from their triggers for a day or two. Some of us may be more impatient than usual, so try and stay away from folk and situations that will irritate you or bring out the aggressor in you, (unless of course it’s warranted, but make sure it is). If you have extra energy or feel restless try doing something physical, sex, exercise, walking, shoveling snow or playing a sport. Pent up energy is likely to come up negatively if coupled with impatience. The new moon is traditionally the time to start new projects, new business and new relationships.. it’s a time to move into our first place and maybe for some of to enter into the work force for the 1st time.. however, the moon is still in the 4th quarter (endings) as she becomes full… so hang on until later in the evening or until March 21 if you can to start anything new, and keep in mind Saturn is retrograde, you will need to check and double-check all commitments and responsibilities before moving ahead…
March 20th is also the date of:
- Ostara (pagan/wiccan holiday) Happy Ostara to those who celebrate 🙂
- The spring Equinox (1st day of spring) At least spring has sprung… 🙂
- International Astrology Day.. Happy day to all who make a study of this fascinating subject
- Total Solar Eclipse..
- The Sun Moves into Aries
It is a very busy day.. the new moon and solar eclipse may make anything we do have a stronger or longer lasting influence, especially if this happens to be your birthday… so take care what you wish for… try moving through the day with kind intentions, lightness in your heart and positive thoughts… 🙂
What does it all mean?
- Aries is action, he is the most masculine of the Zodiac signs as he is ruled by the planet Mars
- We should have slightly more get up and go when the moon is in Aries
- We are happy to defend our loved ones
- We are apt to speak up more, even those of us who consider themselves to be “timid” can find the voice they need right now.
- May be a good time to get your message across or to ask for what you need
- Be careful when driving especially when upset or angry
- We may be more susceptible to head injuries or head aches
- We could be eager to start projects now, however, we have just experienced a full moon, (time to finish up) so if you really want to start something now, choose something small… 🙂
- Be careful about while engaging in physical activities, we may feel stronger or more “heroic” at the moment but our bodies might not be in the same “zone” 🙂
- We may be more decisive than usual, as always use caution …
- Be careful about saying yes to everything right now, we might feel like we can handle more, but when the time comes we could be sorry we took on so much at once.
- Being healthy and feeling good so we can help others, or at the very least get our chores done may be on the agenda for the next few days.
- In the 6th house: Being of service to others may come easier than usual, some of us may actually enjoy it. work can be more fulfilling but take care not to take on too much at once. We may find time spent with our pets more relaxing. If you are feeling stressed, go out for a nice relaxing walk, it will ease your mind and it’s good for the body too.
- In the 7th house: The desire for harmony in our relationship is strong, so take care who you chose as your alliances, both in your personal and business world. Being in comfortable surroundings with soft lights and colors is an easy way to de-stress and chill out.
- Adults with a strong mars or Aries influence may be acting more like children than adults.
- Some of us could be more insensitive or appear more selfish to others.
- If you aren’t looking to enlarge your family right now, take care, Aries has a lot of sexual energy to utilize… 😉
- The Moon in Aries will have a slight effect on all of us, but it will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts: Along with those who have a strong Virgo or Libra placement in their charts
- Moon in Aries:
- Sun in Aries:
- Ascendant or Midheaven in Aries:
- Mars in Aries:
- Moon in the 6th or 7th house:
- Moon in Virgo
- Sun in Virgo
- Aspects to the Moon or Mars:
copyright: Greta McKenzie Astrology January 30 2015