The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: March 13/14 2015 to March 16 2015 .
- Moon Sign: Capricorn March 14 @ 2:40 am (ET) March 13 @ 11:40 pm (PT) to 6:14 am (ET) 3:14 am (PT)
- Moon Phase: 3
- Void-off-Course: March 16 @ 4:02 am (ET) 1:02 am (PT)to 6:14 am (ET) 3:14 am (PT) Capricorn Moon v/c is not one of the 4 “good signs” Try not to make any important decisions or commitments now. Rest if you are feeling tired or a cold coming on.
- House(s) 3rd & 4th: The 3rd house relates to communications, siblings and day-to-day travels. The 4th house relates to domestic duties and family.
- Opportunity Period: None
What does it all mean?
- Capricorn is business, duty and discipline. She is ruled by Saturn, the planet of restrictions.
- We may be more in tune with our work/career or vocational direction.
- Change may be more challenging to deal with, and we may be resistant towards it…
- Being disciplined towards our “duties/chores” may be easier to achieve.
- Dealings with the elderly may be in focus.
- Dealings with “authority” types, such as teachers, principles, supervisor’s may be in focus. Being respectful of such positions may help to alleviate tension.
- This could be a good time to get mundane business tasks out-of-the-way
- If you have been waiting to get a “chaotic” situation under control, now may be a good time to do it.
- Rules and regulations may be in focus, and depending on how you deal with these, it could be a favorable time or a stressful one.
- Good time to watch, listen and learn
- We may find we are looking at our “worth” now, including the salary we get paid.
- We are happy to work for our “keep”, knowing we are doing a good job.
- In the 3rd house: We may find we are spending time with siblings or talking to them on the phone, “siblings” also include friends one looks upon as “siblings”. We may be on the phone a lot, probably taking care of business. Our day-to-day activities, going to the gym, picking up the grocery’s, taking the kids to events etc may be increased, so take care what you commit to.
- In the 4th house: Focus may be on the domestic front, we could be getting serious about renovations. Our family members may be more demanding, especially elder family members, who may need your guidance now.
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts. And those who have a strong Gemini or Cancer placing in their charts.
- Moon in Capricorn
- Sun in Capricorn
- Saturn in Capricorn
- Moon in 3rd house
- Moon in 4th house
- Any aspects to the Moon or Saturn
copyright:Greta McKenzie Astrology February 6 2015