The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: January 30/31 2015 to February 2 2015
- Moon Sign: Cancer at 2:09 am (ET) January 31: 11:09 pm (PT) January 30 2015
- Moon Phase: 2nd
- Void-off-Course: Yes 8:37 am (ET) 5:37 am (PT) 02/01/2015 to 12:41 pm (ET) 9:41 am (PT) 02/02/2015
- House: 10th: This is our work, career, vocational house and our standing within the community.
- Opportunity Period: Yes: 5:43 am(ET) 2:43 am (PT) 02/01/2015 to 12:41 pm (ET) 9:41 am (PT) 02/02/2015: Turn on the charm and perform random acts of kindness… 🙂
What does it all mean?
- The moon is happy in the sign of Cancer because she rules here. Being sympathetic towards the worries of others is easier, we are more empathetic now.
- We can be more nurturing when there is a cancer moon
- Domestic chores and responsibilities may be easier to do now, in fact some of us may be very happy making our home comfortable and safe
- Cooking may be fun to do now, so go ahead and try out that new recipe
- The more emotionally sensitive of us, may take offense or feel slighted or more vulnerable during the Cancer moon… Caution is advised though, check your facts before you “accuse”.
- Some of us may feel needy, while others of us are happy to be the cuddler, helping our loved ones feel secure and in deed needed. Caution is advised that some of us can go over board on the needy thing during this moon period, so be careful if you don’t want to “scare” someone off…
- It’s a time for cuddles, caring, good food and just plain old lovings… 🙂 Enjoy..
- With the Transiting moon in the 10th house, we may be more inclined towards domestic work or issues relating to our domestic routine. We may find we are also more co-operative with others and they with us, when it comes to work related matters.
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts.
- Moon in Cancer:
- Ascendant in Cancer:
- Sun in Cancer:
- Moon in the 4th house:
- Moon in the 10th house:
- Aspects to the Moon: