The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periods.
Thanks to Jim Shawvan present day astrologer, William Lilly 17th century astrologer and Llewellyn’s Daily Planetary Guide for opportunity periods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: December 25 to December 27 2014.
- Moon Sign: Pisces 11:07 pm (ET) 8:07 pm (PT)
- Moon Phase: 1st Quarter:
- Void-off-Course: Yes: December 27 10:44 am (ET) 7:44 am (PT) Pisces is a fortunate sign for the Void off Course moon.
- House: 3rd: House of siblings, day-to-day affairs, communications and short journeys.
- Opportunity Period: Yes: December 26 8:47 pm (ET) 5:47 pm (PT) to December 27 10:35 pm (PT) December 28 1:35 am (ET). Good for artistic matters, meditation and helping others.
What does it all mean?
- Pisces is compassionate and caring but can be taken for granted
- Sometimes Pisces isn’t about helping others but helping oneself.
- We can be more psychic during a Pisces moon, but we can also be easily deceived, so be sure of the “messages” received during this time.
- We may feel more (or less) inclined to spend time with our siblings.
- Getting to the gym or dealing with all of our day-to-day affairs may not go as smoothly as we would like.
- Our energy level could be lower than normal
- We could spend more time chit chatting
- We can be susceptible to taking in stray animals and stray people now.
- Our hearts can be broken or melted during this time depending on who is telling us what and what may be revealed now.
- We can feel more spiritual with a Pisces moon, indicating this could be a good time to join a church or spiritual group
- Keep an open mind when delving into new spiritual situations, ask questions and don’t believe everything you hear or see.
- Some of us can be more susceptible to escapism, turning to drugs, alcohol or gambling to take us away from it all
- We can be wistful, impressionable, nostalgic and dreamy now.
- This moon will have more effect on those who have the following in their charts:
- Moon in Pisces:
- Sun in Pisces:
- Moon in Gemini
- Sun in Gemini
- Moon in 3rd house:
- Moon in the 12 th house
- Aspects to the Moon and aspects to Neptune
Copyright: Greta McKenzie Astrology 11/28/2014