The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periodsperiods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: December 21 to December 23 2014. .
- Moon Sign: Capricorn 8:25 pm (ET) 5:25 pm
- Moon Phase: 4th quarter.
- Void-off-Course: Yes: December 22 10:17 pm (ET) 7:17 pm (PT).
- House: 2nd: House of Finances, possessions and security.
- Opportunity Period: None
- Note: December 21 is also the date of the NEW MOON
- December 21 is Winter Solstice, the shortest day of the year and a time for celebration for many… Happy Winter Solstice
- December 21 is Yule
- December 21 also sees a sun sign change.
- Uranus, the Planet of chaos and ruler of Aquarius turns direct on December 21
What does it all mean?
- Capricorn is business, duty and discipline. She is ruled by Saturn, the planet of restrictions.
- We may be more in tune with our work/career or vocational direction. However hold off on making changes right now due to the Mercury Retrograde.
- Change may be more challenging to deal with, and we may be resistant towards it…
- Being disciplined towards our “duties/chores” may be easier to achieve.
- Dealings with the elderly may be in focus.
- Dealings with “authority” types, such as teachers, principles, supervisor’s may be in focus. Being respectful of such positions may help to alleviate tension.
- This could be a good time to get mundane business tasks out-of-the-way
- If you have been waiting to get a “chaotic” situation under control, now may be a good time to do it.
- Rules and regulations may be in focus, and depending on how you deal with these, it could be a favorable time or a stressful one.
- Good time to watch, listen and learn
- Future goals will be at the top of the list, so be prepared for extra hours spent at work.
- Domestic issues may have to take a “back seat” for a few days.
- Finances may be in focus, indicating this could be the perfect time to review contracts and policies…
- We may find we are looking at our “worth” now, including the salary we get paid.
- We are happy to work for our “keep”, knowing we are doing a good job.
- Those with a Uranus or Aquarius influence may begin to feel better about making choices or choosing a direction. They may also feel more confident in themselves and eager to embrace change.
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts.
- Moon in Capricorn
- Sun in Capricorn
- Saturn in Capricorn
- Moon in 10th house
- Moon in the 2nd house
- Any aspects to the Moon or Saturn.
The New Moon in Capricorn
- The Capricorn moon will want to get down to business, indicating this could be a good time to initiate new business ideas or plans… Watch out for feelings of “guilt” if you skip your duties, and try not to expect the best of everyone, we aren’t all duty bound or career orientated… 🙂 Try to be accepting of the ideas or opinions of others for the next few days, holding grudges isn’t healthy… 🙂
- It’s a good idea to be aware of our emotional responses during a Capricorn new moon, as some of us may have a tendency to appear off-handed or emotionally distant toward loved ones… if left unchecked this could have a negative impact on close relationships.
- The new moon is traditionally a good time to begin new projects, put new ideas into practice or to put plans to paper. Not everyone will be ready or able to start things during a new moon, but if you can why not give it a try and see what happens.. 🙂
Copyright Greta McKenzie Astrology 11/28/2014