The Moon and Astrology
HOW IT AFFECTS OUR DAILY LIVES…
In astrology, the moon is connected to our emotions and reactions… how we are feeling on a given day may well be influenced by the sign that is visiting the moon… Each sign stays with the moon for up to 2.5 days…. 🙂
The Moon Void-off-Course:
There are times throughout the month when the moon isn’t fully immersed in any sign… this is when we say the moon is Void off Course… and when this occurs, we may feel “foggy” and “unfocused” … We may not be sure how we are truly feeling about a situation or a person…. Therefore it is not recommended that we make long-term commitments or important decision’s while the moon is Void off Course…. However there are 4 signs in the zodiac which may prove positive during the Void-off-Course moon…
Good for Void-Off-Course Moon:
These v/c signs may prove to be quite productive times.
Opportunity Periods (thanks to astrologer Jim Shawvan):
There are other periods throughout the month that are known as opportunity periods, when it can prove to be a positive time for most people, however if you have challenging aspects happening within your own chart you may not be able to make use of opportunity periodsperiods.
Present Moon Sign/Phase/House:
- Date: January 18 2015 to January 20 2015
- Moon Sign: Capricorn 7:04 am (ET) 4:04 am (PT)
- Moon Phase: 4th quarter.
- Void-off-Course: Yes: 5;51 am (ET) 3:51 (PT) January 19 to 7:59 am (ET) 4:59 am (PT) January 20.
- House: 3rd: House of day-to-day affairs, communications and siblings
- Opportunity Period: None
What does it all mean?
- Capricorn is business, duty and discipline. She is ruled by Saturn, the planet of restrictions.
- We may be more in tune with our work/career or vocational direction. However hold off on making changes right now due to the Mercury Retrograde, which is in it’s “Storm” until the 21 when it turns Retrograde… Projects begun while Mercury is in “storm” or retrograde usually don’t work out the way one planned.
- Change may be more challenging to deal with, and we may be resistant towards it…
- Being disciplined towards our “duties/chores” may be easier to achieve.
- Dealings with the elderly may be in focus.
- Dealings with “authority” types, such as teachers, principles, supervisor’s may be in focus. Being respectful of such positions may help to alleviate tension.
- This could be a good time to get mundane business tasks out-of-the-way
- If you have been waiting to get a “chaotic” situation under control, now may be a good time to do it.
- Rules and regulations may be in focus, and depending on how you deal with these, it could be a favorable time or a stressful one.
- Good time to watch, listen and learn
- Future goals will be at the top of the list, so be prepared for extra hours spent at work.
- Domestic issues may have to take a “back seat” for a few days.
- We could run into old school friends, or set up a reunion with siblings and old friends.
- Our day to day chores, trips to the gym, school, meetings, and time spent on the road may be in focus.
- We are happy to work for our “keep”, knowing we are doing a good job.
- This moon sign will have more of an effect on those who have the following in their charts.
- Moon in Capricorn
- Sun in Capricorn
- Saturn in Capricorn
- Moon in 10th house
- Moon in the 3rd house
- Any aspects to the Moon or Saturn.
Copyright Greta McKenzie Astrology 12/30/2014